Just saw Van Halen live

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
And after 3 songs it all imploded into some fucking mess....

Seriously... I was excited to see this shit.. Diamond Dave back in it... even without Michael Anthony [seen him with Chickenfoot] I was def into it...

But holy SHIT did Dave crumble after a few songs... only sang bits and pieces while Wolfgang and Eddie handled the choruses.. often yelling shit that arent the real lyrics out of key and out of time... and when he DID sing he'd sometimes get the verses backwards and out of whack...

And Alex actually fucked up a lot, too... losing the beat or throwing himself off after some relatively pedestrian fills.

The stage show/production was pretty minimal. No pyros, only one large screen that frequently was out of time and just... bizarre considering the images or vids they showed... and just extremely basic all things considering. Dunno, was expecting at least a LITTLE more of a show.

One of the biggest disappointments I've seen, seriously. Pretty sad... dunno where they go from here, but I completely understand why all the other shows are gonna be postponed.

Hagar wasn't on the better albums, but my god does he kick Daves arse in the singing dept.