just wanted to show you this young band (heavy metal)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
just did a demo with them and think they rock.
I'm especially digging the groove the vocalist is adding to the song....feels like pedal to the metal on a German Autobahn...driving music.

Damn, dunno why, but I'm loving the vocalist of this group, very unique and not boring at all IMO, so mach character to his voice, especially for such a young lad.

most of you are probably gonna hate it...real drums, little editing, no tuning, no growling, no whatevercore, no über-modern production, no über-modern songwriting.

just good honest metal.
anyways, these lads are rather young and I really like what they're doing, we will probably be recording a full length next year.
any idea what label I should try pimp this to?

I hope you'll enjoy the clip as much as I do.

I didn't put this in the RMM section (actually I think I had it there some time ago), cause the mix is finished and I know that it's not a typical "sneap-style" mix....
so no need to tell me you hate it, better enjoy the music instead...if you can :D

Reborn - Forever Known

I quite dig the mix man. You've got quite the attack going on that kick - very pantera-like. A bit of outboard going on this? Sounds pretty squishy.

Music isn't something I'd listen to for enjoyment, but I'm glad you're gelling well with their music. I know how rare it can be to work with an artist you can genuinely appreciate musically. Makes the process a lot more enjoyable (at least until the 100th time you hear the songs).

yeah, "Pantera" was actually the reference they gave for drumsounds, especially kick ;)
kcikdrum's my Recoding custom with lots of compression on the way in from Safe Sound Audio P1.
1176 on vox and bass etc.

yes, lots of compression overall, just wanted it to be big and lush raher than analytically clean...vibe was all I was going for with this (which was a bit difficult with the clicky kick, not the easiest task to fit a kick like that in a mix like this....I kinda dig the result though).

Awesome, I do like the vibe, and the kick did come up quite well considering, yeah.

I might have to look into some of your kick packs then! Always in need of a good metal 'attack'. Got plenty of rock ones...

"most of you are probably gonna hate it...real drums, little editing, no tuning, no growling, no whatevercore, no über-modern production, no über-modern songwriting."

I don't understand why you would think that way about it.
At the end of the day, everyone here would rather hear cool music than shitty music.
Even if I do like modern polished production and forward thinking song writing and death metal with growls, it doesn't mean I don't spin some Black Sabbath or some 80s Iron Maiden records now and then, and I'm sure this being a metal forum , heaps of guys here appreciate classic metal.
The production captured the vibe, and that's cool.
Personally, I would rather bands stop trying so much to emulate their heroes and actually try to write something that is genuinely new and fresh, since of course the classic metal was already done well the first time, so why do it again, ya know?
So like Ermz, it's not something I could see myself buying and listening to regularly, what I heard was a cool song for what it was, retro style metal and it was refreshing to something like this in today's sea of scene-core with its stupid fashions and band members who look like emo chicks of the worst kind.

"most of you are probably gonna hate it...real drums, little editing, no tuning, no growling, no whatevercore, no über-modern production, no über-modern songwriting."

I don't understand why you would think that way about it.
At the end of the day, everyone here would rather hear cool music than shitty music.
Even if I do like modern polished production and forward thinking song writing and death metal with growls, it doesn't mean I don't spin some Black Sabbath or some 80s Iron Maiden records now and then, and I'm sure this being a metal forum , heaps of guys here appreciate classic metal.
The production captured the vibe, and that's cool.
Personally, I would rather bands stop trying so much to emulate their heroes and actually try to write something that is genuinely new and fresh, since of course the classic metal was already done well the first time, so why do it again, ya know?
So like Ermz, it's not something I could see myself buying and listening to regularly, what I heard was a cool song for what it was, retro style metal and it was refreshing to something like this in today's sea of scene-core with its stupid fashions and band members who look like emo chicks of the worst kind.

thanks.
I like your way of looking at things like this.

Naturally you won't get any more people posting than us because you haven't used the latest Slate pack, nor are you demoing Lecto, or giving away impulses/presets. Vibe doesn't really factor in as a beneficial quality in metal these days.

Naturally you won't get any more people posting than us because you haven't used the latest Slate pack, nor are you demoing Lecto, or giving away impulses/presets. Vibe doesn't really factor in as a beneficial quality in metal these days.

Wasn't it just recently agreed upon that threads like these stick out in a positive way from the sea of SSD/POD/VirtuaScreamoDude2.0 threads? :) I know which threads I personally check out whenever I venture out into the RMM forum.

Finally some metal with vocal melodies. Glad to listen to young heavies. Vox reminds me of a younger Blackie Lawless at times hahah. Although he's out of key at the end of the 1stline of the 1st verse.

Love it!
Glad to see that young bands still do "true" metal (i dont like any of the something-screamo-core bands). Hope they got signed, i'll buy it for sure.

This is fuckin beautiful.The way the whole thing is performed is great.

Care to share some info on the drums?

Edit: Im actually quite diggin the singers voice.

it's not so much the tonality I like, but his phrasing, which imo adds to the song

The phrasing is great, yep, and I guess tonality means tone? Really like it. The notes he chose for this particular song and fine intonation are the only 2 things that could be improved just a little bit to make it explode, IMO.

But they're young and have plenty of time to work on their skills so I hope we'll hear from them soon if you track them again.

Very good for a demo but I can't think of a label for this right now.

(And I meant the 2nd line of the 1st verse in my last post).

Seen them play here a few times. Done live sound for em in the venue I work in. Really good stuff. Think they were looking for another singer there for a while after they came home from recording, dunno why I think he's great. To be honest the thing thats hampering them the most live right now is their gear, if they sorted out a quality backline for themselves and worked on their live tone they'd rule.

really good mix (i specially like the lead guitar tone)

as someone else said the singer sounds "young" but it still sounds good

Lovin' it, Lasse! :headbang: :headbang: Can I get a complete copy of the demo when it's done?

Seriously, this has to be one of the freshest things I've heard on this forum in years.....