Just went legit!

Arsenu,

Oct 30, 2008
Pro Tools 10 baby! :dopey:

PT.png

about 5 years ago iv'e joined this forum after listening over and over (and over) to "This Godless Endeavor", completely stoked with an album's production for the first time.
today, about a zillion projects on an illegal version of cubase and nuendo, and a lot thanks to this forum, i own a legal copy of Pro Tools! :worship:

so i'd like to thank all of you guys for all of your help throughout the years, i highly doubt i'd venture into the wild realms of audio production without you guys!

now if you will excuse me, i have about a million things to figure out like wtf is Elastic time and all of it's options, what are the new key commands for zooming/anything else, what the hell Delay Compensation actually does and so on...

thanks for everything guys!

-sexy-art-music-nude-sensual-erotic-my-album-1-Love-erotic-girls-%D1%8D%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0-angie56-oups-bw-analove-black-white-erotica-girl-hot-cute-boobs-black-and-white-headphones-JerzeyGirl-pic-nudes-cool-Misc-humour-Dollface-erotic-art-pic-tarun87-Thank-You-Sensuality-and-the-Arts-nice-boobs-alle-ngi-1-CZARNO-BIA%C5%81E-sexy-girls-PoisonPia-Misc-My-pictures_large.jpg

I still don't see why I should pay $300 for PT 9.2... oh wait probably because I can't properly use PT9 with the zero-latency monitoring DSP of my interface because you can't deactivate the stupid software monitoring, that's right :S

Congrats though, PT10 seems to be the software PT9 should have been. Just wait until PT11 comes out next month :lol:

to be honest, i find it hard to congratulate someone for "going legit"

but i'm glad you've learnt enough to make it seem worthwhile... i owe a lot to this forum as well, i would probably still be using an fl studio demo on some shitty tower pc if it wasn't for this place and the people. so thanks everyone!! :kickass:

C'mon....don't be assholes.
If someone wanna start to learn some recording etc... he doesn't start buying directly a 10000€ PT HD. The guy used a cracked Cubase (I'm wondering if everybody who is so purist about being legit, never download a cracked software) and now that he learned he bought a legit copy of PT.
You have to consider also where a guy lives.....There are countries where people earn very well and other countries where the standard is 1000€/month, with a family and costs, you don't save too much for buying a fucking 300€ plugin every week.
Moreover you find companies like Waves....if you invest thousands of € in plugins (legit), it re-pays you not sending you another license if you loose the ilok.

C'mon....don't be assholes.
If someone wanna start to learn some recording etc... he doesn't start buying directly a 10000€ PT HD..

i can't believe you just made that argument. :lol:

going legit is great but it doesn't really deserve a pat on the back if you ask me. anyway, wasn't trying to start shit or anything, carry on

i can't believe you just made that argument. :lol:

going legit is great but it doesn't really deserve a pat on the back if you ask me. anyway, wasn't trying to start shit or anything, carry on

It's not that much "congrats on deciding to stop pirating", but more "congrats on learning/earning enough to be able to afford legit software", I think.

.There are countries where people earn very well and other countries where the standard is 1000€/month

And it's not even close to 1000€/month in countries around here. :)

Ok he didn't search a pat..he only said he did the jump.

it's pretty much the same thing, considering the subject.

not that he meant it that way or anything, that's just the vibe i get everytime i see one of these threads. but it's not a big deal anyway :Spin:

i did my fisrt experimentations with my guitar plugged directly on my shitty soundcard and a cracked cubase SX2 or 3 don't remember. I'm sure most people have done the same, so don't bash.

I'm considering PT10 as well in the future, i'm so curious. I like the UI and people seem to like its workflow so much.

...There are countries where people earn very well and other countries where...

...where you have to go the the army for 3 years and get paid 100 euro/month after about one year since you discovered music production is so beyond any office job anyone will ever have.

thanks for the support guys! what i was trying to say is that iv'e learned a LOT from this forum and without it i probably would have never gotten to the point where spending 550 euro on a DAW is actually worth it/important enough for me.
other than that im starting to get paid AE services (mostly editing for now but still!)