Just wondering...

Larf03

Like a rock
I was just wondering if anyone here ever heard or remembers the trash band called Demolition Hammer. I think they had three albums but the third was weaker than the first two. They play very good thrash that could be considered as the missing link between Carcass' Heartwork and Slayer's Reign in Blood.

Well, if anyone ever heard of them and knows anything about what they have become or anything... Would be great to know!

By the way, went to see testament in speyer and they killed! But Annihilator did one fucking great job too! The first warm-up band was a fuckin' joke though....

Testament Legions said:
Hi Larf03!

I have not heard of Demolition Hammer, but I am morbidly curious... who was the first warm-up band you are talking about???

They were a local band called Awry Axle and they were playing some lame assed shit like Disturbed or stuff like that. The guitarists were doing nothing but palm-mutting the E-string... wich was down-tuned way more than necessary!!! The most pathetic thing was the singer... er.. the guy that vomitted random faulty-translated lyrics... Well he was an ass because he was throwing stuff like fake euro bill, candies and roses to the crowd... wich was not even catching anything HAHA!!!

The second warm-up act ruled though... it was Evolution, another local band wich gave me their cd! It rules! It sounds a bit like old Metallica (like the black album). but as a very refreshing feel... They did a cover of Sad but True wich was Identical to the original and it ruled!!! A big FUCK YEAH to Evolution!!!

By the way, I know this was the firts gig of the tour but Testament made 2 HUGE mistakes... The first one is: Chuck sang at the wrong place during Burnt Offerings but he hid it very well by turning his singing unto a fat death growl... The second one was during the begginning of Over the Wall... John Tempesta seemed to have forgotten the drum fills at the beggining!!! But it turned out ok!

As for the crowd, maybe I didn't pay attention because I was too absorbed by testament but I think most of the crowd was there for Annihilator... If anybody else was in Speyer... can you tell me if you noticed that too???

That's all :)

Testament Legions said:
Hmmm... I dunno about that. Annihilator is a great band, but Testament is bigger.

Of course it is... but in that particular place... people seemed more into melodic stuff like annihilator (ok don't start flaming the thread with "testament IS melodic shit... I know that!!!).

Still... like I said, I really was watching the show but the crowd really seemed smoother and the pits weren't that violent ...

Geez... was I the only one in Speyer??? Anyone?

Larf03 said:
Of course it is... but in that particular place... people seemed more into melodic stuff like annihilator (ok don't start flaming the thread with "testament IS melodic shit... I know that!!!).

Still... like I said, I really was watching the show but the crowd really seemed smoother and the pits weren't that violent ...

Geez... was I the only one in Speyer??? Anyone?

No one is going to flame you...

So crowds in Germany prefer more 'mellow' stuff? Is that what you mean?

I know Demolition Hammer- a really good band. I've only heard a few songs (The two titles I recall are: "Infectious Hospital Waste"- what a title! and "Cataclysm") and I must admit I ws highly impressed. Can't wait to find their album somewhere

Testament Legions said:
No one is going to flame you...

Well... I saw a lot of power metal shirts... lots more than old school trashers! But gee I don't know, I spoke with Jeff Waters that day and he said that Annihilator has always been more popular in europe than anywhere else...

In any case, Annihilator kicked some major ass and Testament were fucking great and I had the best of time! I saw lots of band live but Testament was my most memorable, having spent the afternoon with them and all... So I don't care what the crowd DID think... I was there for Testament and Annihilator were an added bonus!

I wish I would have known what DE looks like... I'm pretty sure he was there :(

High Priest Of Evil said:
I know Demolition Hammer- a really good band. I've only heard a few songs (The two titles I recall are: "Infectious Hospital Waste"- what a title! and "Cataclysm") and I must admit I ws highly impressed. Can't wait to find their album somewhere

GOOD! AT LAST! I'm not alone!! They were fuckin' great but I don't know what happened to them! And I realy don't know where and how to get there albums anymore...

Hahaha!, no way the Germans want the heavy fast brutal shit like SODOM and DEW SCENTED!!!!!

By the way Larf, I remember Demolition Hammer, I still have Time Bomb and an older release. They were cool, no clue whatever became of them though

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:
Hahaha!, no way the Germans want the heavy fast brutal shit like SODOM and DEW SCENTED!!!!!

By the way Larf, I remember Demolition Hammer, I still have Time Bomb and an older release. They were cool, no clue whatever became of them though

You still have Time Bomb... Wasn't it their weaker album??? Do you have an idea where I could get any? I tried E-Bay and I wasn't lucky... You see, I had 1 album left on tape but it gave out last week while I was playing it on a cheap cassette player!! I really liked that shit!

Sodom and Dew Scented rules by the way! I know it came up on another thread but doesn't "Dew Scented" sound a bit too faggot for a band this fast and brutal :) Maybe they'll sell out and be called "Mountain Dew Scented" !!!

High Priest Of Evil said:
And how's the new Annihilator singer. Is he a good replacement for Joe Comeau?

He is great!! He can sing very good and very brutal too!! He could sing Alison Hell (Almost "death-like") as well as Never Neverland... Think of him as the link between Joe Comeau and Jeff Waters himself!

As a guy that loves thrash when it's heavy and raw, i would have to say that Dave is better than Comeau....