Kalmah Canadian Tour...

Wow, I just got back from the Montreal show...it was amazing, despite the stupid amp breaking on Pekka (seeing Marco improvise on keyboards was funny as hell though)...not to mention the crowd chanting TABARNAK! TABARNAK! for about 5-6 minutes...

I spent most of the show right up against the stage...and thanks to my friends in Talamyus I got to meet most of the band after...too bad our damn marker died out!!!

Ah well, I got a picture with Pekka, which is good enough...they guys were in a big hurry and I really appreciate them taking the time to talk to us. Seriously some of the coolest band members I've met so far.
All in all, it was a dream show...I got to see my ultimate favorite band from about 5 feet away the whole time while they played a perfect set list (amp problems aside :p).

Thank you SO much for coming to canada guys, can't wait for the next show! :D

Was it what we call ''paradise'' or Kalmah's show in mtl ? maybe its the same thing :p it was f**** amazing!
I can't wait for the next show too :D
A question to Marco .. when the amp had problems..did you play a part of Bodom after midnight or i'm crazy ? :p I Can't believe you played Heritance of Berija :D Kalmah was and will be my favorite band forever.

Haha Pekka was awesome with his "TABARNAK"!
To see my idols perform in front of me was unbelievable.

Kalmah was simply incredible! I just got back to Moncton (8 hour drive from Quebec). I went to the shows in St. Hyacinthe & Quebec City, and they were both great! I enjoyed the St. Hyacinthe show better just because the club was a little more intimate: smaller, with less people so my wife and I were able to get up close in front of the stage. I have the full set lists from both shows, tons of pictures, and some videos that I will post up later! (gotta transfer that stuff from SD cards and it takes a while). I have 5 full songs in video from the Q.C. show so if they turned out great I'll upload them somewhere.

Anyway, full report coming later.

Sweet, my videos turned out great! I got They Will Return, Tordah, Swamphell, Bitter Metallic Side & Hades (last 2 songs).

I'm new to the video business... my camera takes them in Quicktime MOV format. What should I do to upload them?

Youtube now accepts MOV/quicktime format for what it's worth - it's pretty easy to make an account there and start uploading. Good luck - I really look forward to these videos!

You should put them on sendspace or something like that so the quoality won't get bad.
It's odd they did not play Wings of blackening because they played allready last year. (best song on ftr). But looks so great those gigs, even though i've seen them 3 times, i'm abit jealeous D: Cause those look like big places and everybody looked like real Kalmah fans in the crowd.(at least on the videos and pics).

I was at the Wreck Room on the 23rd...Amazing show. Quite possibly the best day of my life. I have been idolizing Kalmah for years and years so meeting them and getting autographs has left me utterly speechless. I got to stand on stage WHILE THEY PLAYED towards the end of the set! I got a picture with Pekka, was the first to shake hands with Janne when he walked on stage, and joined all of the other lucky souls who saw the show that night. I also shouted "I love you!!!" and had Timo laughing between songs ;) It was a dream come true. I must still be dreaming :)

Here it is, my most prized possesion:
l_40facbd26d57a8c2c495fb3d82006d22.jpg

All the photos I took that night are on my myspace page. For those interested, check them out. http://www.myspace.com/archangelofruin

Thank you, Kalmah, for making my night more amazing than I could have ever imagined.

I'm so jealous! I wish I could have met them. :(

Yea, it's weird that they played Wings of Blackening in St-Hyacinthe but not in Quebec.

Was it what we call ''paradise'' or Kalmah's show in mtl ? maybe its the same thing :p it was f**** amazing!
I can't wait for the next show too :D
A question to Marco .. when the amp had problems..did you play a part of Bodom after midnight or i'm crazy ? :p I Can't believe you played Heritance of Berija :D Kalmah was and will be my favorite band forever.
I'm not Marco, but I remember exactly that the melody was played. But hey... Bodom didn't write that... Hans Zimmer did. :p

I was so suprised and happy to see Heritance Of Berija ; the first song I heard of Kalmah. I don't think we got Tordah though... or did I drink too much booze?

I'm not Marco, but I remember exactly that the melody was played. But hey... Bodom didn't write that... Hans Zimmer did. :p

True, and to be accurate Bodom plays the harmonic third note thing for the hans zimmers melody :) (dont know the right term for intervals in english)

-M

True, and to be accurate Bodom plays the harmonic third note thing for the hans zimmers melody :) (dont know the right term for intervals in english)

-M
Hahaha, I knew it was familiar - but yes, that part is lifted from the trailer of The Rock. It's still a great song.

I'm so upset, I could have met them. I've liked them for so long, but I wasn't sure when the metro closed and it was almost 12. So I told my friends we should just leave. Some other guys I knew that were there stayed to drink, and they met them. I was almost crying the next day when he told me. I can't believe I missed that opportunity.