Kalmah Canadian Tour... one week away!

«Did you happen to check out the merch?»

I bought two T-shirts, labeled at the name of the tour, 12 Gauge in Canada. Only 20 $ each ! There was also long sleeve sweater at 30$ and with cap at 50$. They were also selling the last two albums, but I already have them (with the 4 others...). I don't remember any other merch...

At the show two years ago, I wasn't able to buy anything, because they had already sell everything in the previous shows !

The Sudbury show was great. Hung out with the band before and after the show. Been listening to Kalmah from the beginning, and it was my first time seeing them live. They were awesome :worship:. The guys are great. Pekka's Sudbury joke was funny.

It sucks because I had ordered the 12 Gauge vinyl and shipping said it was going to arrive on Thursday or Friday. Definitely did not receive it :( It would have been amazing to have it signed! I could drive to Hamilton and get it signed if I receive it tomorrow. Fingers are crossed!

They had signed copies of For the Revolution and 12 Gauge for 20.00 each, so I picked up both. I already had 12 Guage, but forgot to bring it, but did not have For the Revolution. Also Picked up the tour t-shirt.

Dance of the Water was amazing live:headbang:

The set flew right by for me. It was that awesome. Can't recall Hollow Heart, but pretty close to that set, and Black Waltz was played. One of my favourites. I think I have that one on video. Don't know the quality of it because I am still tired from last night and too lazy to do anything. I've never posted a video anywhere before, so I'll figure that out later on and post it here if the quality is good. I do remember going through the video on the camera. It sounded alright to me. Again, I'll post it here once I figure out the posting of a video lol.

Just got back from the Toronto show. One word: awesome!

I managed to record 85% of the show before the battery died. In full 1080p. I'll be uploading them in the coming days.

I was the guy in the red Manowar shirt if anyone remembers. :D

Picked up a Kalmah hoodie (Canadian Tour edition) for $50.

You can hear the instruments fine in my videos, but can't hear Pekka :(

How did the 1080p videos turn out?

They look great when there's a lot of lighting, but when it gets dark, the film gets very grainy.

I also found an upload of Swamphell from last night (not uploaded by me)

Last edited by a moderator:
How any Kalmah song can be "unknown" is beyond me but i love the song choice from the last album (One of fail, rust never sleep, hook the monster!). I'd skip the groan of wind but i know people love this song...

It happens when people, like myself, come back from the show without having a pen and a paper to list all of the songs played and then try to eventually remember everything that was played and the order with some fellow fans. :p

Personally thought the setlist was awesome! And yes! Dance Of The Water sounded epic! New songs fitted really well with the older songs and I agree with the choice as well.

Would have liked maybe one more from Swamplord (i.e Evil In You, Heritance Of Berija or Withering Away) and one more from Swampsong (i.e Tordah or The Third, The Magical) but I guess you can't have everything...

Hung out a bit with Antti after the show, briefly talking geek stuff and temperature back in Finland. Very smart and cool dude!

Just crossed Timo when they asked us to leave and asked him what is favorite bass song/part was. I asked if it was the Swamphell part at the beginning. He answered no, stating Bitter Metallic Side. But don't quote me on that one... it was loud and I was drunk.

The best live video recording from Kalmah I've ever seen !

I heard his voice has recovered... In Montréal, we hardly heard some sound during Swamphell (and all the other songs). It was obvious when he spoke before the song. Happy for you !

Hey dudes! - just to tell ya little something (spoiler!!) - We have something like 20 songs that we choose the setlist for every night so there will be no same sets twice - a little variation at least! (atm preparing for upcoming Ottawa show in a hotel) Cheers!!

Hey dudes! - just to tell ya little something (spoiler!!) - We have something like 20 songs that we choose the setlist for every night so there will be no same sets twice - a little variation at least! (atm preparing for upcoming Ottawa show in a hotel) Cheers!!

Interesting, thanks for the update! I wish I could be there in Ottawa :D

can you explain the change in equipment for the montreal shows? is that borrowed equipment or just alternate guitars etc???? cuz even the keys are not your standard. im not too sure about jannes set wether or not its his usual

Well, Thanks to British airways our stuff did not arrive on time so we had to play with stuff that we could come up with. Big thanks to support bands that we could pull it through.

I made it to Quebec City! See you guys tonight - look for me, I'm wearing a white T-Shirt with red collar and arm-bands, with a Lego figure on it (the figure's name is... Kalmah!)

Here is Kalmah's set from Quebec City: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...c-quebec-city-qc-canada-3bd27000.html&h=c5377

This might be one of the fastest setlist uploads ever, haha. Just got back to my hotel room and drinking a cold Molson Ex. Incredible show, incredible setlist, incredible crowd. Only thing is the sound was not great; was just a big wall of noise instead of being able to distinguish the guitars and keyboards. Pekka is a great frontman though - he really gets the crowd into it. Was cool to see the Swamplord up on stage too! Merch has been selling like crazy; they had no Large longsleeves left so had to settle for XL. I captured 2 videos, one of Rust Never Sleeps and the other Swamphell; I will upload to my Youtube channel later.

Damn Gimby, when i saw you had just posted i thought "why in the world isn't he at the show?". I'm disappointed for you that the sound was not great, it seemed very clean on some of the videos of previous shows. Shouldn't be a problem at the game tomorrow, you can usually clearly hear the boos when Vinny touches the puck :p

My turn tomorrow in Sherbrooke!!