Kalmah Canadian Tour... one week away!

Darth Grimby

Hell's Satans - \m/oncton
Jul 20, 2002
www.theundergrowth.com
Don't know about the rest of you fuckers, but I am PUMPED for the tour starting next week. I haven't figured out my travel schedule yet, but the way it's shaping up I will be attending the shows in Quebec City (16th), Sherbrooke (17th) and Drummondville (18th). The Quebec City show is probably going to be the best/craziest one, and I'm expecting smaller/more intimate shows for the other two cities.

What show(s) are you planning on attending?

Since Sherbrooke is 10 mins from my hometown, i will be there for sure. I will also be in either Drummondville or St-Hyacinthe, i'm still unsure. I wanted to go to both but the budget is getting tight! I was in St-Hyacinthe last time and it was rather small, i was in front of Timo and i was hypnotized all night by his absolutely amazing boots. =P

I do not have tickets for any of these shows, i hope this won't be a problem...

And Gimby, i'm not sure if you know your way around but Sherbrooke and Drummond are rather close to each other (40~45 mins) while Quebec is not (2~3 hours from Sherbrooke). Just saying!

And Gimby, i'm not sure if you know your way around but Sherbrooke and Drummond are rather close to each other (40~45 mins) while Quebec is not (2~3 hours from Sherbrooke). Just saying!

Haha, yeah I know my way (sort of). I'll be staying at my aunt's place, who lives just outside of Richmond which is like geographically in the middle of Sherbrooke and Drummondville. Since I have to pass through Quebec City to get to my aunt's, I might as well stay there on the 16th and go see the show. I'm really looking forward to this trip!

My friends and I will be at the Toronto and Hamilton shows! Thank you Darth Grimby for posting those links! We had no idea how to get tickets for the Hamilton gig, let alone that there had been a venue change! Canada, here we come!

I hope you guys like snow; we just got about 75 cm of snow in Sherbrooke, the city is paralyzed!

paying a lot of money for a flight up to Toronto just to see these guys in LESS THAN A WEEK! Can't fucking wait, this is gonna be a dream come true!!!

I will only have to walk a little to see them... for the second time !

Kidding, I will also have to take the subway 10 minutes...

Darwin: since you are seeing the first show of the tour, I expect a full review from you. =) Seriously though, drop in and let us know how the show was, and also what merch is available/how much.

Been checking here all day hoping someone would comment on yesterday's show. How was it? Anyone?

« How was it? Anyone?»

It was an excellent show. They are a lot better live than before. The interpretation quality was better than two years ago. But, Pekka lost a part of his voice (I think you say laryngitis in english, anyway, it is "extinction de voix" in french)... It's of course a bad thing, but the energy was still strong. They are a lot more brutal live than in studio ! Antti, and also the others, gived an awesome performance.

I'm not able to remember all the songs they played (about 75 minutes), so I can't post a list. I remember well 12 Gauge, Groan of Wind, They Will Return, Hades, and the best version of Heroes to Us I've ever heard... I think the first song was a new one, very, very good ! And, maybe Alteration... Maybe I was too alterated ! ;-)

Anyway, with their awesome repertoire, anything they play is wellcome.

The atmosphere was very hot, with a lot of body surfing. The crowd (about 500) was really electrified (survoltée...). I'm surprised that I found nothing yet on Youtube, because a lot of people were registering parts of the show...

Thanks man!

I knew they would be better this year since they've been playing more shows prior to this. Must be hard on a singer's moral to have voice problems on the first night of a 10 days non-stop tour but i'm positive canadian beer can cure that. No big deal if it doesn't :p

If they indeed played a new song, i doubt it would have been the first one and Marco also said not to count on that... I'm still crossing my fingers that you are right about this :)

It's probably hard to tell but would you say the crowd was bigger this time around?

Thanks again, looking forward to Sherbrooke, Drummond and maybe St-Hyacinthe.

This was posted on setlist.fm:

1.Rust Never Sleeps
2.One of Fail
3.Swamphell
4.The Groan of Wind
5.(Unknown)
6.Hook the Monster
7.12 Gauge
8.(Unknown)
9.For the Revolution
10.(Unknown)
11.Bitter Metallic Side
12.Heroes to Us
Encore:
13.(Unknown)
14.(Unknown)

How any Kalmah song can be "unknown" is beyond me but i love the song choice from the last album (One of fail, rust never sleep, hook the monster!). I'd skip the groan of wind but i know people love this song...

The last encore was Hades. I of course remember Swamphell and For the Revolution. The Groan of Wind was very good, so, I'm happy they made it. So I was wrong for the new song ! Even if I listened 100 times their last album, it looks like I don't recognized their songs as easily as the old ones...

«would you say the crowd was bigger this time around?»

No, very similar than 2 years ago.

Darwin, thanks for the posts man. I can't wait for Wednesday. Did you happen to check out the merch? Any new shirts for this tour?

Looks like I'm only going to 2 shows, Quebec City and Drummondville. I was able to score some great tickets to the Habs game Thursday night! I'm really looking forward to that too, going to be an awesome week!