Kalmah Instrumental Track

drkluscious

Mar 8, 2004
USA
I think it would really kick ass if Kalmah put an instrumental track on their next album. Maybe the last track of the album could be like this, which would be a really awesome way to finish off an album by takeing a little break from heavy screaming to something really melodic. What do you guys think?

I remember hearing that Antti wrote The River Runs Frozen on Eternal Tears of Sorrow's A Virgin and a Whore.

I'm pretty sure they could get some pretty incredible stuff if they wanted an instrumental, or a bit of accoustic.

Agreed! Plus it would give me something to (attempt) to learn since I don't have enuff cash for an electric yet (just have classical)

i dont know about an all acoustic instrumental, but their clean parts are really great, and it'd be cool to get a crazy instrumental with some clean parts in it. of course mix it up with sum'm like 1:44 into "Doubtful About it All" and 2:43 into "Principle Hero" :cool:

im not a big fan of acoustic versions of songs, i think the songs get completely ruined. but and acoustic song would be cool i guess, i dont think it would be kalmah's style though.

The first band I think of that succesfully did accoustic songs & instrumentals is In Flames...

accoustic medley, man made god, wayfaerer, timeless, everlost part II, hell even Hårgalåten is pretty cool with the violins... umm, Jester's Dance too....

but ANYWAY! my point isn't that Kalmah should be able to do what another band has done, but that it really gives the listeners a better perspective of what a band can do.. you say it's not Kalmah's style.. well who knows other than them and people who know them personally? They are artists and I'd love to here them experiment and really expand, along with every other band out there, but sadly it doesn't happen as much as i'd like it to..

Everlost pt. 2 has female vocals. Instrumental track would be ok, but i think 1-2min instrumental intro with acoustic guitar/piano before a kickass song would be better.

in response to my split personallity...
i dont like it when bands redo songs that were originally electric and stuff and make them all acoustic. but songs that were made to be acoustic can be really cool, but alot of the time im not to big of a fan. im a big fan of instrumentals though (with distortion and stuff) iced earth do some really cool ones. i hope that makes sense and explains everything.

An instrumental track done by Kalmah would be really sweet especially if it was a long ass song. A soung around 15 minutes long would be insane. With an instrumental track there is nothing but creativity involved. Kalmah should really do an instrumental track.