Kamelot 9/15/06 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room

Hajeka

Sep 20, 2005
I have just received word that Kamelot will be playing South Florida's Culture Room on Friday, September 15, 2006.

This is great news of course!!!!

The only problem is, it's the first day of Progpower. Now, I haven't heard back yet from the one booking this tour, but does this mean Epica's first gig will actually be Florida? Though I don't know if Epica will be playing this date, I'm waiting for an answer. Last November Kamelot's show in Tampa was just considered a "warm up show". Maybe this is what it is, since it's only a few hours South of Tampa, where each member, besides Khan lives.

I'm kind of curious. I really hope Epica is apart of the show. But I thought their debut would be in Georgia, Saturday.

Well according to everything i can find EPICA'a first date is Sept 16 2006 at ProgPower USA, and Kamelot's first date is Sept 19 at Jaxx's, i could be wrong but this is from a very reliable source

Well.. yes.. this I understand..

This is not information I found online. A man of KMI e-mailed me to tell me the show was booked, as he did the first time, which was last November about Kamelot's Tampa show, that wasn't even confirmed on their site for atleast a month or two after. He told me about the show I believe 4/5 months prior.

Plus, a friend of mine who I spoke to today already knew. He gets a call from the owner of the venue often to ask about bands he's not sure of. This is how we knew much in advanced about Sonata & Rhapsody.

What I'm waiting to hear back on, and trying to figure out, is if Epica is flying from Europe directly to Atlanta, or not. I know they're doing a U.S. tour with Kamelot, so I'm still trying to understand that. I don't know if PP is their first day playing here, and then after that, they're jumping on Kamelot's tour.

What would kick ass is, if they fly into Tampa, play here together, and Khan somehow makes some cool appearance with Epica at Progpower. o_O

nooooo... Finally we get Kamelot in South Florida, and I can't go because of progpower... agh

Okay, so according to Epica's contract, they aren't allowed to play any shows before Progpower. So that means they will not be playing with Kamelot for this show.

I was contimplitating(sp?) to go see Kamleot (as I hate missing rare Power Metal shows in my hometown)... but without Epica.. :Smug: I think a NYC trip must be planned AGAIN some time in September? :rolleyes:

I really am going to hate missing them here.... but I guess that means I take all, pre party bands, PP Day 1 and Kamelot w/Epica on tour.

I hate these same day shows!!!! :erk:

They're playing in Virginia w/ Epica the Tuesday after PP. Closer to you but I don't know if NY is just easier for you to attend because of friends/family.

Empress said:
I have just received word that Kamelot will be playing South Florida's Culture Room on Friday, September 15, 2006.

This is great news of course!!!!

Says you.

Says me: MOTHERFUCKER why could they have not played two weeks before or two weeks after! BASTARDS!

Oh well. I will be in Atl when they are playing Ft. La de dah.

Can't be helped. Hopefully they will play Orlando.

Greykiller said:
Says you.

Says me: MOTHERFUCKER why could they have not played two weeks before or two weeks after! BASTARDS!

Oh well. I will be in Atl when they are playing Ft. La de dah.

Can't be helped. Hopefully they will play Orlando.
If they play an Orlando or Tampa date before or after PPVII, I'll defintely go. But I'm not going to miss out on a day of PP to see them at the Culture Room. That really sucks that the promoter and the club planned it on that date! Well I'll be sure to tell people to check them out. I'm glad that the Culture Room seems to being hosting prog and power metal bands now. At the SA show there was a great turn outand crowd reaction! I didn't even know that there were so prog and power metalheads down here!

Kev, of course you did not know there was so many of us here.. that's because we never got these shows to begin with to compare a possible turn out!! .. but I guess we can now .. you should have seen the Rhapsody show.. it was packed from the floor to the lounge room and even the balcony.. that was fucking crazy.. I wish the best for Kamelot and hope this turn out is a good one too..

And yes, I believe Kamelot is doing a Tampa and/OR Orlando show here.. but most likely it will be on a Saturday or Sunday. :mad:

I was told that too...

And I guess I can't say anything else yet.. but.. this decision sucks.. I think I'll go to Chicago to see them play with Epica. It lands on a Saturday, so my job won't kill me since I'm off those days..

Is anyone going to see Lacuna != Coil this weekend.. not really mentioned on this forum but I guess it's worth a shot...

theyre playing

Miami - Sat. March 18 @ Bicentenial Park
Orlando - Sun. March 19 @ House of Blues
Tampa - Mon. March 20 @ St. Theater

I'll be at all 3 :headbang: Loved them since years..

Empress said:
Kev, of course you did not know there was so many of us here.. that's because we never got these shows to begin with to compare a possible turn out!! .. but I guess we can now .. you should have seen the Rhapsody show.. it was packed from the floor to the lounge room and even the balcony.. that was fucking crazy.. I wish the best for Kamelot and hope this turn out is a good one too..

And yes, I believe Kamelot is doing a Tampa and/OR Orlando show here.. but most likely it will be on a Saturday or Sunday. :mad:

I was told that too...

And I guess I can't say anything else yet.. but.. this decision sucks.. I think I'll go to Chicago to see them play with Epica. It lands on a Saturday, so my job won't kill me since I'm off those days..

Is anyone going to see Lacuna != Coil this weekend.. not really mentioned on this forum but I guess it's worth a shot...

theyre playing

If I was down here I would see Lacuna Coil in Miami... but I will be up north following the Gathering around this weekend.. :p
NY and VA shows for sure, maybe Boston depending on how the trip goes:Smokin:

Angrafan said:
If I was down here I would see Lacuna Coil in Miami... but I will be up north following the Gathering around this weekend.. :p

I can't see the Gathering because of only weekday shows in the NE. Can't take time off from work because I got stuck with jury duty last week.
And in regard to LC, tickets in Mass sold out before I could get them. Really dissapointed in that but I've posted around that I want to purchase 1-2 tickets if people need to get rid of them. With all but the Palladium tickets up on eBay for 3x+ face value, I can't imagine that happening. I don't have the money to spend $80 or more for one ticket and the 3x I've seen them haven't even totalled to that value. Can't go to NE Hardcore fest to see them, either.

The gathering!!

Lucky.. :Smug: I'd love to see them.. I was going to New England Metalfest.. but I decided to skip it.. I can save hundreds staying with friends in NY and Jersey, and basically I will see all those bands here eventually (atleast the ones I want to see) for hell, I'm seeing Lacuna 3x, Exodus is coming, arch enemy.. I hope will be here soon.. and so I decided New York!! I'm going for Gamma Ray and Dragonforce..

I guess we've gotten offtopic..:zombie:

Angrafan said:

Fuck yeah, we'll be there! I think we can drive to Boston depending on the time I get off work on monday. You pay the gas, of course! lol

Empress said:

I was told that too...

theyre playing

That's awesome that the Rhapsody show was like that too! We need to get the local promoters to get more of these bands to play down here, more often! With all the band members you've met, you could be one of those local promoters too! Hint, hint. :p

I have to see about what's going on this weekend to know if I can see Lacuna Coil. I don't want to sell out on the plans that I made a month or two in advance. If my Sat is busy, then maybe the HOB on Sunday. We'll see.

Kamelot is also playing at BB King's on September 20, 2006.

I saw them in November of last year, and they were fucking awesome. Just, simply awesome. I would have to say that the only bad part of that show was when this ugly drunk woman came up to the front and started hanging off of everybody and dancing insanely during The Haunting.

Kamelot is so amazing live.

Unca Kev said:
If my Sat is busy, then maybe the HOB on Sunday. We'll see.

That show has been sold out for over a month or two. Monday night is still available, though in Tampa @ State Theater. You won't believe the price I paid to get a House of Blues ticket..:Smug:

About all the bands I've met. I guess "some times" I get lucky. I was stupid.. biggest regret I have is not bringing my Rhapsody things for them to sign when they played here. I thought I wasn't going to meet them, since then I walk with my closet for them to sign, like when I met Opeth, Nevermore, Kamelot & Sonata Arctica.. poor guys had so much to sign. :lol:

If I see Kamelot this year, it would mean I will see Khan 3 times in one year!! When I met met him in PP last year, I told him I'd be seeing him a few months later and he read all my crazy guestbook messages.. and laughed about them :oops: he told me the second time I met him..:headbang:

"I SPEAKETH THE TRUTH!!!!"

Empress said:
If I see Kamelot this year, it would mean I will see Khan 3 times in one year!! When I met met him in PP last year, I told him I'd be seeing him a few months later and he read all my crazy guestbook messages.. and laughed about them :oops: he told me the second time I met him..:headbang:

Kamelot rules...BTW I think I saw your crazy guestbook messages too!! LOL:lol:

Empress said:
That show has been sold out for over a month or two. Monday night is still available, though in Tampa @ State Theater. You won't believe the price I paid to get a House of Blues ticket..:Smug:
Crap, that sucks. Monday is kinda short notice, nor the best night, to take off from work. And I did confirm that I do have plans on Sat. I'm probably not gonna catch LC this time around. :err:

Empress said:
About all the bands I've met. I guess "some times" I get lucky. I was stupid.. biggest regret I have is not bringing my Rhapsody things for them to sign when they played here. I thought I wasn't going to meet them, since then I walk with my closet for them to sign, like when I met Opeth, Nevermore, Kamelot & Sonata Arctica.. poor guys had so much to sign. :lol:
You know what ya gotta do, if you don't do this already. Take along a friend, that doesn't have anything to sign and have him/her get some of your stuff signed. That way, you'll not exceed any limits, nor make the band members think that you're abusing their kindness.
Empress said:

Are you that chick that Khan got a restraining order on? :p I'm gonna get beaten at next concert I see you at, aren't I? :lol: