Kamelot announce new vocalist

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
http://www.kamelot.com/site/news/the-new-chapter-is-begins-kamelot-reveals-new-vocalist/

Kamelot2012.jpg

Seventh Wonder's Tommy Karevik. Didn't see that one coming! He's a fantastic vocalist though. I'm very excited to hear what he sounds like with the band. I don't know about Seventh Wonder though... I like them but Kamelot's a very busy band, I don't see it working out with SW for the better...

Tommy is a great singer, he's a good fit for Kamelot. I wonder what will happen with Seventh Wonder...

Statement from Seventh Wonder:

Official Seventh Wonder statement regarding the news that Tommy joins Kamelot:
"We are very happy for Tommy and for this great opportunity for him to reach an even greater audience with his amazing voice and talent. We understand that this will affect Seventh Wonder in some way, but we are dead set on continuing on our path as we have before and we feel confident that we will be able to honor the expectations of our fans and at the same time not impede Tommy in his duties towards Kamelot. Hopefully this will lead to positive things for both Kamelot and Seventh Wonder fans alike."

Statement from Tommy:

Hi everyone!

It is not a secret that I have been in close contact with the Kamelot crew for some time now. I played with them on Progpower 2010 and I joined them on the european part of the tour in the spring of 2011. I learned a lot from this experience and had a great time together with the guys. Of course musically it is a bit different from the SW style but to me, that is also what makes it interesting and challenging. Over the past months I have come to love the music and the vibe of the band and when I finally and officially was asked to join as the singer and full blown member of Kamelot I was very happy and gladly accepted! This is something I am really proud of and something I am looking forward to making my own. However I do want to say this... and this is very important to me...
I will not leave Seventh Wonder!
The SW guys and all of you fantastic and supportive fans out there will not get rid of me so easily!
I love you all and you are the reason I got to where I am today! We are already working on some stuff for the next SW album and really can`t wait to show it to you all!

Yours truly,

Tommy Karevik

Seems like a good turnout! :headbang:

The more I listen to Seventh Wonder, the more I realise what a truly world class band they are. I can't believe they passed me by until now and I'll be gutted if the Kamelot thing adversely affects SW in any way. The Great Escape is a fantastic album and I urge you all to give it a listen and persever with it until it clicks.