Kamelot @ Jaxx Aug. 17th Roll Call

Rick, have you let those two go yet? I may have an interested party. Check your PM's
Nope, and I replied to your PM. Talk to you soon!

Bad Girl Tess said:
Moved in March! Sadly, I can not make it afterall or I'd take these! Too much going on this weekend. My parents are moving and I totally owe them some help :saint: we'll get up to Jaxx for a show eventually!
Wow! I'm way behind. The good news is that now you can easily drive to PP! Good luck helping them move. I'm sure there will be many more shows @ Jaxx to see. You just missed Symphony X last week.

Pass a "good luck" on to Nick from us. Obviously, however, we'll all be busy, or we'd make it a point to show up. ;) You'll get another chance to see us with Therion...

Oh, and in the "interesting things" department - this got many more responses than my similar thread on the Kamelot forum!

See everybody Friday. :headbang: Well, except Rick, who I barely got to talk to at Symphony X - but I think Barb got my wife, since we're apparently showing up in Atlanta for Tuesday and Wednesday...
That is pretty interesting. Obviously it isn't nearly as active as this forum.

Yeah, and I've been starting to get into the new one so I was actually looking forward to coming back down. I hope that the AC is fixed for your show. I sweat so much at the SyX show that I could barely feel my strings! I must remember to always pack a towel!!

I know! Even Keith and Scott got more time to talk to you!

:lol: I'll have to tell her. Tuesday? We are coming down Wednesday - should get there around the time that Oliva takes the stage.

I hear ya Chris. Must be that time of year. I have one in Leesburg, VA next Saturday and then the DT concert is the following day in Philly! Totally opposite directions. :(

Also wanted to let people know that I sold my 2 tickets to the Kamelot show for tomorrow at Jaxx. Big thanks to Nick from Division for sending Sara my way! She even drove all the way to my work to pick them up today.

I'll be there with Bret again. Hope to see a few of you.

Rick, you're not bringing my best girlfriend down??? crap :(

Oh well, it won't be long until Atlanta.

I'll be there!

Look for the guy with the long wavy sandy-blond hair, wearing a Symphony X shirt (with the picture of the V : A New Mythology Suite album cover on the front) and ankle-length camo-patterned shorts (same ones I wore at the Sym X show). That will be me.

Thanks Nick and guys for supplying me with a ticket at the Doro show. Glad I got it back then.

A real quickie!

I just got back from the Kamelot show! Holy shit was that friggan awesome. All of the bands that performed tonight kicked total ass! Of course, I gotta give kudos to Division! :)

And of course, Kamelot delivered a friggan flawless performance, considering how damn hot it was in there. I was wondering if Roy was going to even make it through :O The only real hitch was that Leave's Eyes seem to have a bit of trouble. Seems like they had quite an adventure trying to even get there, as one of the band members was giving me all the ugly details after the show while chatting at the bar. We are lucky that they even managed to make it as is. Despite the problems, they still managed to deliver. Say what you want about Leave's Eyes, but after the second time seeing them, I am really enjoying their show, plus the band members are really cool. Alex even remembered me from the last time when I saw them at Jaxx.

Overall - another totally kick-ass night of metal. Right now - time to hit the friggan sack. I'll offload the pictures from my camera later (and I did managed to get a few nice ones).

Thanks, Steve. Despite the ridiculousness of Kahn having them turn off the AC, Kamelot did kick much ass, and they sounded fantastic. "Love You To Death" and "Ghost Opera" were both awesome.

Leaves Eyes definitely had quite the time, and then one of them mistakenly unhooked half of Dave's rig right before we went on. It was an interesting evening for many of us...

Thanks to Kamelot's crew for making it all work, the Jaxx gang for busting their asses yet again to make everything happen, Jay's kind words before we went on (I keep telling him we're just too stupid to quit :lol: ), Eternal Winter for persevering despite being the soundcheck, Scarz Within for kicking some ass and sharing their drums, and of course all of you crazy MFs that packed in that place and screamed your heads off. See you all at Therion, I hope, if not before...

Thanks, Steve. Despite the ridiculousness of Kahn having them turn off the AC, Kamelot did kick much ass, and they sounded fantastic. "Love You To Death" and "Ghost Opera" were both awesome.

Leaves Eyes definitely had quite the time, and then one of them mistakenly unhooked half of Dave's rig right before we went on. It was an interesting evening for many of us...

Thanks to Kamelot's crew for making it all work, the Jaxx gang for busting their asses yet again to make everything happen, Jay's kind words before we went on (I keep telling him we're just too stupid to quit :lol: ), Eternal Winter for persevering despite being the soundcheck, Scarz Within for kicking some ass and sharing their drums, and of course all of you crazy MFs that packed in that place and screamed your heads off. See you all at Therion, I hope, if not before...

The show was a blast. All the openers were great. I was the skinny kid with a Blind Guardian shirt right in front of you when you were playing and I grabbed one of your picks. Your Iced Earth cover was sweet.

No doubt that was a friggan PACKED house last night! I don't know how I managed to do it, but I did managed to work my way up to the very front. That was cool of Scarz Within to share their drum kit. They did indeed kick some ass. I even went and bought an album off of them.

Barring any major catastrophes or travel obligations at work, I have every intention of going to that Therion show, especially as that is my birthday (actually my birthday is on the 1st, but figure that was close enough!) If not at Therion, I'll at least get to see some of you guys around at ProgPower. Was a joy and a pleasure to get to see you guys perform again. Seems like every time I see you guys, you are just getting better and better. Nick was telling me that you guys just finished recording a demo like the night before that show. Looking forward to hearing it. :headbang:

The show was worth the near 8-hour drive, and more. Best show I've ever seen by far. Extremely high energy on all accounts. As said, despite the difficulties Leaves' Eyes put on an excellent performance (though their demands for near-constant clapping does a number on the arms). I had seen them in Charlotte NC with Blind Guardian, and thought they had improved a great deal (at least for me) since then.

Kamelot was simply amazing. Most likely because seeing a band that is mostly responsible for my being into metal in the first place was quite a big deal for me. Their performance was flawless. Khan was even nice enough to stick around at 2:30 outside the tour bus to sign everything we threw at him. Great times had by all. Wish they were coming ANYWHERE close on this tour, and I would be there again in a heartbeat.

*Agrees with Chai on all accounts*

Also, props to Division on their Iced Earth cover. Even though it seemed the entire crowd didn't know the song, "The Hunter" came off quite well and I was singing along like a madman.

Also, props to Division on their Iced Earth cover. Even though it seemed the entire crowd didn't know the song, "The Hunter" came off quite well and I was singing along like a madman.

Yeah, WTF was up with that? Is Kamelot's crowd actually too young to remember that song, or something (there were a LOT of Xs in that audience...)

Nice reaction overall, regardless, and I'm glad you enjoyed the tune. We certainly had a good time playing - after MMA this weekend, it'll be far too long until Therion...