KAMELOT N.A. Tour 2015

Dragonforce opening for Kamelot...

I really can't tell if this is because of how drastically Dragonforce has declined in popularity/sales, or if it's because of how much more popular Kamelot supposedly is now.

Kamelot website poster states Dragonforce as Very Special Guests.... Is this possibly a Co-Headine Tour??

The Guitar Hero backlash, the "they suck live" backlash, the "they're raging alcholics" backlash... mix those with their vocalist leaving and them taking a full year to finalize a replacement, and the fact that they stopped regularly touring so they faded out of some peoples memories?

I legitimately feel sorry for how much Dragonforce's relevance has vanished. :/

The Guitar Hero backlash, the "they suck live" backlash, the "they're raging alcholics" backlash... mix those with their vocalist leaving and them taking a full year to finalize a replacement, and the fact that they stopped regularly touring so they faded out of some peoples memories?

I legitimately feel sorry for how much Dragonforce's relevance has vanished. :/

I never cared for them anyway, but I respect the fact that people may have checked out far superior bands due to exposure to them.

DRAGONFORCE CAUGHT IN BALTIMORE RIOTS; SHOW WITH KAMELOT RESCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT

DragonForce were caught up in the recent civil unrest in Baltimore on Monday evening (April 27th) as they warmed up to hit the stage on the first show of the North American leg of their Maximum Overload World Tour. The Soundstage in Baltimore where the ‘Force was meant to be playing with US band Kamelot was two blocks away from the rioting, but the violence was getting ever closer.

Guitarist Herman Li said: “We thought it was a little weird that all the local shops were closed, in fact the only place open was the venue with a massive queue of fans still trying to get in. As we were warming up ready to go onstage we heard a State of Emergency was declared and the show immediately postponed due to the safety of the fans.”

The show has been rescheduled for today, Thursday, April 30th, with doors opening early at 6 PM and the end of the show being 10 PM due to the citywide curfew imposed by the authorities for the entire week. All tickets purchased for the original show are valid.

Anyone hoping for any surprises in terms of setlist, better keep hoping. The setlists from the first two shows had nothing in terms of out of the ordinary songs. Anyone who has seen them on the last few tours could likely guess most of the setlist with the exception of songs from the new album. In fact of the top ten songs played on their last tour, 8 of them are still in the setlist.

Anyone hoping for any surprises in terms of setlist, better keep hoping. The setlists from the first two shows had nothing in terms of out of the ordinary songs. Anyone who has seen them on the last few tours could likely guess most of the setlist with the exception of songs from the new album. In fact of the top ten songs played on their last tour, 8 of them are still in the setlist.

At least The Human Stain was finally dropped (for now). It's a good live song, but way too overplayed and not even one of Kamelot's best songs, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing Song for Jolee and Rule the World dropped from the setlist either. There's a lot of Khan-era songs I cannot imagine with Karevik (i.e. most songs from The Black Halo & Epica, Elizabeth, The Spell, The Inquisitor), but some songs like Wings of Despair and Until Kingdom Comes might sound good with him. They should really bring in Ashes to Ashes to the setlist. I know March of Mephisto, Karma, and Forever are overplayed, but they are good live songs and kick too much ass to be dropped from the set.

But more realistically I hope to keep seeing more songs from Haven and Silverthorn and a few change ups withthe Khan-era songs.

I'm seeing them tonight, and it may be the last time I bother for awhile. I may have to skip a tour or two, because these sets are stale, stale, stale. And I have given up on it changing anytime soon.

I got free tickets to see them the other night in Worcester. Kamelot put on a great show, per usual, but also per usual, they played it way too safe with their setlist. Dragonforce really surprised me; they put on an excellent performance and their new singer is fantastic. Overall, definitely worth the price of free but I won't pay to see Kamelot again until they overhaul their setlist.

The set list in Toronto was:

Rule the World
Ghost Opera
The Great Pandemonium
Veil of Elysium
Center of the Universe
Song for Jolee
Revolution
Decibel
Torn
Insomnia
When the Lights Go Down
Veritas
Keyboard solo/intro
Forever

Sacrimony
March of Mephisto

The set list in Toronto was:

Rule the World
Ghost Opera
The Great Pandemonium
Veil of Elysium
Center of the Universe
Song for Jolee
Revolution
Decibel
Torn
Insomnia
When the Lights Go Down
Veritas
Keyboard solo/intro
Forever

Sacrimony
March of Mephisto

Idk what the decibel thing is, but aside from that, they played the exact same set in Worcester.

Me watching DragonForce:

Kamelot was great. The...ahem...young blood appears to have rejuvenated the band somewhat. They were all on fire last night, and the crowd, though smaller than I'd hoped (I'd guess in the neighborhood of 200-250?), was extremely enthusiastic. There was moshing ffs. For Kamelot. Tommy even got caught in it once!

The Civic Theater is also a great venue. Easy to get to, parking across the street (usurious rates though), easy to get home from, good sound, CLEAN, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mardoch,

The show was awesome. I was a little disappointed with the crowd size. The moshing was good natured, I didnt mind it, even got in it a couple times. No one realized Tommy was there for the start of forever. He did not looked pleased at all to get caught in it, but then again he kinda incited it, kept asking people to move.

I was standing right by him when it started, ruined my moment.

Kurt

Yeah I noticed he didn't seem pumped about that, lol. I don't mind that it was there, but it was a little surprising because I wouldn't ordinarily associate Kamelot with moshing.