KAMELOT / ROYAL ANGUISH show report 11/11/05

DrAnguish

May 4, 2003
Ocala, FL, USA
www.royalanguish.com
Hey all:

This past Friday we opened for SPV Recording Artist KAMELOT at BOOMERZ BOILER ROOM in Seminole, FL (a suburb of St. Petersburg). The show went great, and had some unexpected perks for the group as well.

THE GOOD:

* Seeing as how our set started at 8PM, and the doors opened a mere 30 minutes before that, we were unsure as to what size crowd we'd be playing in front of. Fortunately the KAMELOT crowd got there early, so when we started, there were already 150-200 people in attendance.

* We debuted our newest member, JR Daniels, on drums. JR did a great job and really added to the intensity of what we have to offer.

* The crowd reaction was great and they really enjoyed our set. No matter where we turned after the show we had people complimenting us and commenting on what they felt was a great performance.

* We got to see some old friends and new at the show. Many traveled quite a long distance to see the show (Orlando, Miami, etc...) and we thank them all for their support!

THE NOT SO GOOD:

* We were quite a bit rushed with our set (only having 30 minutes). At one point we were told our set would be lengthened (because of a possible cancelation later on on the bill), but DURING our set we were informed that the band showed up and that we had to tighten things back up on the fly. Ouch.

* JR's drum kit is fully triggered, which means there is minimal drum volume in the room. The monitors basically had rhtyhm guitar and keyboards only, so without room volume on the drums we were basically playing blind hoping we all stayed together (ever tried playing 230bpm without hearing the drums? Didn't think so).

* Backlining. WE fully expected (and had no problem with) KAMELOT backlining us, but another band also did, so our drum kit had to go off to one side and our stage space was limited.

THE UNEXPECTED AND VERY COOL!

* About an hour before the show Thomas from Kamelot asked me if I'd like to do a cameo spot with his band on stage during the song "MARCH OF MEPHISTO" (which on the CD features a guest a appearance by Shagrath of DIMMU BORGIR). I gladly accepted and had a blast performing with them. The crowd had tripled in size by this point and was in great form. We got just as many positive comments and promotional opportunities from this one cameo as we did from our set.

*** Overall the show was a raucous and wild success!

SET LIST:

Pitch Black
Twisted Angel
Frozen
The Tale of Sullen Eyes
Shadows of Time
Tortured Visions

There will be some pictures from this performance up in our gallery soon!

Yes they did. That was one of the best shows I've been to in a long time (I came out from the Orlando area).

Well, I didn't see their performance, unfortunetly. But they were kick ass people :) And Matthew ruled with Kamelot too!

Empress I will have to take you over my knee and give you a good spanking the next time you call me Matthew :loco: we clear?

In all seriousness it was great getting to meet you and the show was a blast. I hope more shows as as cool as this one. Hopefully some day you'll actually get to see the whole band (not just me) on stage!

....Whatever Matthew....
..I think South Florida ought to be the next stop ...
What are your thoughts on that..? Anyone..?? :devil: