Kamelot - The Black Halo

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Khan :worship: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Allen :hotjump:

In the studio, it's debatable...they both have completly different voices and styles of singing and such. In a live situation though, Allen smokes him. Not to knock Khan, cause i'm a big fan, but Allen is ridiculously dead on and energetic and amazing live, while Khan seems to like the energy and stage presence.

And to that guy who said he just downloaded march of mephisto and enjoyed it, you're probably going to love the album. MoM is easily the worst track on the CD, it only gets better from then on. The Black Halo is easily the best album of 2005, it's quickly become one of my favorite CDs that I own.

If I love the track you consider as the worst of the album, maybe I wont like the rest of the album. I'll listen to another one before deciding wether I buy it or not.

Pay no attention to him, "March Of Mephisto" is great, as is the entire album.

If you like any of their previous 3 albums, you'll love the new one, too. It's Kamelot at their best.

Petethedrummer said:
In the studio, it's debatable...they both have completly different voices and styles of singing and such. In a live situation though, Allen smokes him. Not to knock Khan, cause i'm a big fan, but Allen is ridiculously dead on and energetic and amazing live, while Khan seems to like the energy and stage presence.

And to that guy who said he just downloaded march of mephisto and enjoyed it, you're probably going to love the album. MoM is easily the worst track on the CD, it only gets better from then on. The Black Halo is easily the best album of 2005, it's quickly become one of my favorite CDs that I own.

Haven't really seen Kamelot live yet, but SX live is great. I saw them on their tour with Queensryche, man was Allen good. I think I like better live than in the albums at times. Especially when he does those "gruffy sound-effects" and the live sound of his voice is not as static either.

Evil Ernie said:
If I love the track you consider as the worst of the album, maybe I wont like the rest of the album. I'll listen to another one before deciding wether I buy it or not.

Don't get me wrong. While I really like March of Mephisto, I absofreakinglutely LOVE the rest of the album. The whole thing is amazing, I just like that song less than a lot of the others. :headbang:

I finally got Karma today. I haven't had a chance to sit down and really listen to it, but what I've heard is really good.

I've also been addicted to TBH. My favorite songs are March of Mephisto, WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE DOWN, The Haunting, Soul Society, Abandoned, THIS PAIN... shit, I just realized I was listing every song. Well then, I guess I like this album even more than I imagined. =D

For some reason, The Black Halo really captured me. Epica and Karma couldn't do that... I think it's a whole lot more dynamic as their earlier releases. First Kamelot album I'm gonna buy :)

I just got Karma!

I thought Symphony X was the pinnacle of progressive metal. Looks like I was wrong. I can wait to get the other albums!

I wouldn't call Kamelot progressive metal...

I've never been a fan of theirs, but I believe this album is pretty much my kind of stuff, maybe it will pave the way for me to enjoy their previous work.

Next question is : where do you get this cd for the lowest price?

Evil Ernie said:
I wouldn't call Kamelot progressive metal...

I've never been a fan of theirs, but I believe this album is pretty much my kind of stuff, maybe it will pave the way for me to enjoy their previous work.

Next question is : where do you get this cd for the lowest price?

Hah, I got it in my local album store on the day it was released hah. for just 11.88 (of course excluding tax)

I just wanted to add that I have been listening to Karma and Epica a lot lately and I am beginning to believe that Khan is as good, if not better, than Russ.