Kamelot

SleepingSun79 said:
Does anyone happen to know what their recent setlist is?
In the Kamelot forums on their site, some people have posted set lists for the Atarfe Vega Rock Festival in Spain..that was at the end of Feb.. so here it goes:

Center of the Universe
Until Kingdom Come
The Spell
Fall From Grace
Interlude I (Opiate Soul) - The Edge of Paradise
Lost & Damned
Dont You Cry/No más lágrimas
Desert Reign - Nights of Arabia
Forever

This will change of course, since for PPV they are playing some new tracks too..I can't wait!! :headbang:

Keepwalking said:
I've never heard a Kamelot album. Which one would you recomend to start?

Thanks in advance!!!:hotjump:

I think the last three are the best. I prefer The Fourth Legacy because it really marked a major change in style for the band. It's the one that started their rise. It's also still my favorite Kamelot disc.

Karma is also excellent, and would be a good purchase.

Epica, while being pretty good overall, just never really floored me. It came off as a bit stale to me. It's just that for three albums in a row they maintain pretty much the same style. I'd like to see them change things up a bit on the next one.

I prefer The Fourth Legacy because it really marked a major change in style for the band. It's the one that started their rise. It's also still my favorite Kamelot disc.
Just got done spinning The Fourth Legacy for the second time in two days. There aren't many nine year old Power Metal discs I can revisit and still find as enjoyable as the day I first heard it. This is truly an exceptional disc.

Zod

March 16th, 2004, 10:39 PM

Today, 03:27 PM
Just got done spinning The Fourth Legacy for the second time in two days. There aren't many nine year old Power Metal discs I can revisit and still find as enjoyable as the day I first heard it. This is truly an exceptional disc.

Zod

o_O

2ltsj7b.jpg

Very odd bump........

2ltsj7b.jpg

Very odd bump........
Cool image.

Just something I picked over in the Royal Carnage forum. Personally, I prefer bumping old threads to starting a new thread on the same topic. For starters, it gives a forum a sense of continuity. But more importantly, if you're doing a search, it's a pain in the ass to look through dozens of threads to find what you're looking for. Case in point... Kamelot. Does there really need to be 72 threads dedicated to Kamelot on this forum (which doesn't include the other 178 where they are discussed)?

Zod

Cool image.

Just something I picked over in the Royal Carnage forum. Personally, I prefer bumping old threads to starting a new thread on the same topic. For starters, it gives a forum a sense of continuity. But more importantly, if you're doing a search, it's a pain in the ass to look through dozens of threads to find what you're looking for. Case in point... Kamelot. Does there really need to be 72 threads dedicated to Kamelot on this forum (which doesn't include the other 178 where they are discussed)?

Zod

Hey, we needed those 3 threads made in the last month all simply titled "DELAIN"!

I understand your point. I usually bump older threads for random stuff like that Mika thread Glenn made or if I just attended a show that we had a tour announcement thread made 6 months before the tour started. It was just funny to read the the first post and think "WTF! Someone on this forum has never listened to Kamelot?" and then saw it was from 5 years ago which explained the thread. And your post did at least add to the discussion, even if it was an old one. I go to a huge forum where you get a lot of ":lol:" only replies 6 months after a thread was last posted in.

Anyway, Epica is still my favorite.

It was just funny to read the the first post and think "WTF! Someone on this forum has never listened to Kamelot?" and then saw it was from 5 years ago which explained the thread.
:heh:

Anyway, Epica is still my favorite.
Epica is probably my least favorite. I suspect it's because it followed Karma, and the two are so similar. I should probably revisit.

Zod

Five years since I wrote that last post and The Fourth Legacy is still my favorite disc from Kamelot. That's saying something too, as they have produced several quality discs over the years. Karma would be my #2 from Kamelot.

Agreed with Zod on Epica ... I think it's a fine disc, but not one of my favorites.

Britt

P.S. One power/prog disc that I still find myself reaching for a few times a year is Jag Panzer's - Thane To The Throne. I just listened to it twice today. I think i'm in the minority on this, but it's my favorite disc from them and one I still reach for fairly regularly. T4L and Thane are two discs that are in my top 10 of the last decade.

P.S. One power/prog disc that I still find myself reaching for a few times a year is Jag Panzer's - Thane To The Throne. I just listened to it twice today. I think i'm in the minority on this, but it's my favorite disc from them and one I still reach for fairly regularly.

TTTT is one of the best power metal discs of all time. I was a huge fan of "Ample Destruction" and never thought they could out-do that one, but 16 years later they managed to put out TTTT which just kicks all kinds of ass.

c.

TTTT is one of the best power metal discs of all time. I was a huge fan of "Ample Destruction" and never thought they could out-do that one, but 16 years later they managed to put out TTTT which just kicks all kinds of ass.

c.

Amen Claus!!:worship:

This is an old thread. If the question was asked today, I would put it in this order: Black Halo, Epica, Karma, Fourth Legacy, Ghost Opera and then Siege. The two live albums are pretty good too. If you want the early stuff, get the first live album. Later stuff, get the second one. I have seen them on their last two studio tours. The trend that they have developed is to play a lot of the last two studio albums released. And then sprinkle in a few older ones. But not too old. You won't hear anything from the first two albums anymore. Or Siege for that matter. The Black Halo tour was the best for me because I got to hear a lot of Black Halo/Epica songs. And some Karma and Fourth Legacy songs as well. Good stuff.

I'm a total GEEK for Kamelot.. I was intro'd to them with Fourth Legacy, then Ghost Opera, then Black Halo.. but I've got 'em all (spare the live discs - just not a live CD kinda person - but I've got the LCWN DVD; AWESOME!!) and I'm lucky enough to have the Myths and Legends CD too..

I can't put them in any order, I like 'em all for different reasons.. If I had to do without any of them, I'd be a very unhappy person...

And Conception kicks total ass too...

P.S. One power/prog disc that I still find myself reaching for a few times a year is Jag Panzer's - Thane To The Throne. I just listened to it twice today. I think i'm in the minority on this, but it's my favorite disc from them and one I still reach for fairly regularly. T4L and Thane are two discs that are in my top 10 of the last decade.
Amen Claus!!
Hmmm... I guess I'll queue this up. I know I heard it once, years ago, but I'm not even sure if I listened to it all the way through.

Karma first.
My 2nd favorite. Just out of curiosity, was Karma the first Kamelot CD you heard?

Zod

Actually, if I were going to introduce a newbie to Kamelot, I'd probably show him or her their live DVD, One Cold Winters Night. It's a superior live performance that catches the essence of the band. It still remains at the top of my list for live DVD's next to Evergrey's, A Night To Remember. :headbang:

~Brian~