Karma PowerTab

SpanglishEggroll said:
Hey I've started a powertab of Karma. If anybody wants to help out or have any suggestions for what I have check it out and let me know. It's obviously a WIP right now.

http://powertabs.net/pta.php?page=wip_tab,6215

If you read this wankerness, give it a look. You're definetly the best Opeth tabber on powertab I've seen. So if you don't mind :D :D

Man, you just copied the text one into powertab didn't you! I'm planning on tabbing that one sometime soon (probably after I finish Reverie/Harlequin Forest), so maybe I'll take that one and build on it. That text tab isn't flawless, so it is going to take some corrections.

wankerness said:
Man, you just copied the text one into powertab didn't you! I'm planning on tabbing that one sometime soon (probably after I finish Reverie/Harlequin Forest), so maybe I'll take that one and build on it. That text tab isn't flawless, so it is going to take some corrections.

Yeah I copied the text one in. I'm a bass player I can't figure out guitar parts by myself! lol. Nobody have ever bothered to do Karma and I've lot's of requests. So I had to do something lol

I'm going to sit down one day and do the bass part though by ear. Shouldn't be too bad.

SpanglishEggroll said:
Yeah I copied the text one in. I'm a bass player I can't figure out guitar parts by myself! lol. Nobody have ever bothered to do Karma and I've lot's of requests. So I had to do something lol

I'm going to sit down one day and do the bass part though by ear. Shouldn't be too bad.

I dunno, the bass on that cd is REALLY hard to hear, so it might be hard ;-)

Please do this....Ive been waiting for one, since I dislike GuitarPro. ANd this is one of my favourite Opeth Songs :/

opeth_353 said:
.. ah fuck.. i wish powertab would work for me again .. i so badly want to learn that song and i suck at learning from text tab.

Try reinstalling it.

As for Karma, I really do intend to do it soon. I'm halfway through the bass on Reverie/Harlequin Forest, and then I think I'm going to tab some dumb Tool song for a friend, and then I will either do Karma or finally finish up "The Twilight Is My Robe."

have done many many many times.. it'll download fine.. then it won't install at all .. i hate not having it because it's so useful for learning and writing stuff. I don't know what wrong though .. because it downloads.. then when i try to install it it does the 'Search for file location' thingy.. or whatever it is lol.

Whats up with Powertab 2.0? is it ever going to surface lol?

MAYH is harder to listen to the bass than I thought. It's almost as bad as trying to find the bass in ...And Justice For All. Anybody have any suggestions or any programs where I can just hear only the bass?

SpanglishEggroll said:
MAYH is harder to listen to the bass than I thought. It's almost as bad as trying to find the bass in ...And Justice For All. Anybody have any suggestions or any programs where I can just hear only the bass?

I really don't have any advice for you, when I first started tabbing songs off it (Demon of the Fall for example) I couldn't hear the basslines AT ALL. With time my ears just got more used to the production and I didn't have much of a problem doing the bass on When, and then when I went back to Demon of the Fall I was able to do that no problem too. I guess boosting bass frequencies with an eq MIGHT make it easier but I've never had any luck doing that, if you can't hear something at all in the normal production an eq will probably not help you any.

Yeah the eq adjustments had never helped. I had heard of a program that would actually do something like that but I have yet to find it.

Alright, I'm tabbing Karma now. The text tab had the first two chords wrong, so I stopped looking at it right away and am doing it from scratch. The bass is hard to hear, I can hear it about 50% of the time during both distorted and clean riffs, there will be a fair amount of educated guessing in the bass score. :p

wankerness said:
Alright, I'm tabbing Karma now. The text tab had the first two chords wrong, so I stopped looking at it right away and am doing it from scratch. The bass is hard to hear, I can hear it about 50% of the time during both distorted and clean riffs, there will be a fair amount of educated guessing in the bass score. :p

Alrighty then. Well are you interested in a co-author tab? You guitar, me bass?

SpanglishEggroll said:
Alrighty then. Well are you interested in a co-author tab? You guitar, me bass?

Nah, I've been doing it as I go...it's not too hard, thanks for the offer though! I'll post progress on here when I get sick of it for today.