Katatonia Forum Closing

I don`t think it is because of the discussion about the new album, I think they should be able to take bad criticism from people who really love them and pay attention to their music. And this is the only place where their music is seriously discussed. But it is their decision and I respect that, who knows maybe they will form another forum, I only hope that they do not really think "plzz come to ... " fans in facebook are enough for them. If they need serious feedback they need more than facebook. If they don`t then they don`t. I also think an explanation from the band itself would be nice since most of us are here for many years, even if this forum had better days, we "were" still here hanging on. It`s not like anyone owes us an explanation, but it would be nice of them to do so...

^I kind of get what you're saying, but I do think that a lot of people here don't really act like fans or like people who "understand" the band anymore. I mean, some stuff around sounds more like "I wished this...I wished that" type of bitching than proper "serious" negative criticism. Also, when negative criticism on the band's own forum constanly grows, doesn't it mean that people are tired of the band? I don't want to insult anyone or start fights. I just want a healthy debate about this.

What a shame. As a non-FB user, this was a convenient one stop place to get my updates on what was happening, as well as read interesting (and sometimes infuriating) conversation.

Goodbye

I can somewhat understand this decision.

However, will the forum be deleted or just closed for further posts?
Because if it got deleted I'd be terribly sad for losing all the nice memories and information that has piled up over the years.
Of course I don't need the forum to keep in touch with those lovely people I've met through this but it's always been a pleasure to make concert dates, re-read fun discussions and all that.

Maybe it's also a question of money but if I was allowed to ask for one thing, it'd be, please don't delete the content.

However, will the forum be deleted or just closed for further posts?
Because if it got deleted I'd be terribly sad for losing all the nice memories and information that has piled up over the years.

+1
Would be cool to still have it as a resource.

Sad to see this forum go. I always liked it when the band members posted.
And thinking of the cool people and friendships based on this forum makes me even more sad.
I'd say keep this forum and kill the BB forum instead ;)

^I kind of get what you're saying, but I do think that a lot of people here don't really act like fans or like people who "understand" the band anymore. I mean, some stuff around sounds more like "I wished this...I wished that" type of bitching than proper "serious" negative criticism. Also, when negative criticism on the band's own forum constanly grows, doesn't it mean that people are tired of the band? I don't want to insult anyone or start fights. I just want a healthy debate about this.

^Well, that is as serious as it gets, you cannot expect more from internetz. Yes some people may be tired of the band but if they really are they would simply leave the forum, they wouldn`t keep holding on and write their opinions if they did not really value the band. I for one, have been a loyal fan of Katatonia for many years and I seriously did not like NITND and the new song Dead Letters so much, even though I enjoyed them from time to time and I should be able to speak my mind because I still love and respect Katatonia as a band. And yes people say things like I wished this, I wished that, bring back the leads and so on, but you cannot expect people to keep their ideas to themselves, if it is not of value to you then do not value it, but in my eyes it is still more valuable than most of the shit written in facebook. Because most of the people here have grown up with Katatonia and observed their change and struggles among with many other things. I think it is fair to let them just speak their mind even if it is sometimes bullshit. Everybody speaks bullshit, we all have failures... If they are better off without it, then let it be...

Well hopefully the $70 I spent on the mail-order "Rip-Off Edition" of their new album helps them fund a new board elsewhere. :lol:

Damn, I'm shocked...This board has been one of the web sites that I have always looked forward to visiting. I guess the past few years people have dropped off or found new sources to discuss katatonic dealings. I've also seen a decline in the band members participation, at least several years ago they would pop around to comment or something. I guess with the band reaching bigger audiences, it's probably time to restart something rather than revive it. I would really be disappointed and shocked if a new Forum wasn't established (for example on their homepage) to coincide with the new album, and Facebook just doesn't cut it with the discussion thing. I'm really grateful for everyone who contributed to the KFUC compilations, there was some good talent. I would really hope that the band would give us an explanation though, just for closure. RIP, hopefully I'll see everyone somewhere else...

Wow...user since 2004....will it come back?

I remember that Opeth temporarily shut down their forum before an album release

I've come here for the last years and especially when I first joined this place I met a lot of great people, been in some great discussions and have shared a lot of cool stuff with you guys. Thanks to all the members I've met through this place and I regret the band decides to pull the plug on such a positive thing.
This site hasn't been to me what it was, but to take away a place of discussion and community that has done the good things to me that it has seems to be fucked up frankly. Maybe this is where I'm supposed to have faith the band will replace this forum with a renewed one, but whatever...

´Tis been ten fantastic years.. even though it hasnt been overlyactive lately i still visit almost every day.
Met some realy awesome people from here in real life as well..
A big cheers to all of those who through a few lines of rambleing on the internet could make my life shine bright for days.