What's better? The Katatonia or Opeth Forum?

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Come on, how much does Katatonia kick arse over Opeth? I know Opeth are an incredible band, but how amazing is Katatonia?

Lets get this forum cracking...

'Brave Muder Day' or 'Still Life'?

You know what album I'll say, cos I haven't heard ne katatonia yet

:OMG: shit you haven't lived yet mate :lol: . i thought you would at least have heard BMD as Mikael sings on that album as the main vocals. i urge you to buy the last 4 katatonia albums now, post haste!!!.

Ps. you are joking when you say you havent heard them?, right:confused: .

Well, these pieces of music feature Jonas´ angelic clean voice ;)

- Brave Murder Day (Mike from Opeth growls, Jonas has some clean parts though)
- Discouraged Ones (´98)
- Tonight´s Decision (´99)
- Last Good Deal Worn Out...or whatever :D (´01)

Well my vote would go for Still Life, but my opinion is a little bias cuz Opeth is my favorite band and I just recently starting getting into Katatonia. I got Brave Murder Day about a month ago and I like it alot. I picked up LFDGD a few days ago, but I think this one is gonna be harder for me to get into.

Originally posted by my dying groom
Well, these pieces of music feature Jonas´ angelic clean voice ;)
- Brave Murder Day (Mike from Opeth growls, Jonas has some clean parts though)
- Discouraged Ones (´98)
- Tonight´s Decision (´99)
- Last Good Deal Worn Out...or whatever :D (´01)

Cheers. I think I'll get 2 then, BMD and LFDGD

If this thread was to attempt to compare forums, I'm afraid the Opeth board blows away the rest of the UM forums for it's depth, intelligence, and array of topics. Not that the other onces aren;t nice as well, but...

Oh, and I'd also pick Still Life over Brave Murder Day (Although BMD is a GREAT record... and godisanathiest? Those are the two I would recommend, as well.)

I'm afraid the Opeth board blows away the rest of the UM forums for it's depth, intelligence, and array of topics.

Maybe, and maybe that's why I'm kind of restricting myself to posting here - though I'm a huge Opeth fan :err:

Which forum is better? Why does that matter? It really doesn't, and you can see for yourself just by looking at the total posts and all that. It speaks for itself. :p

Katatonia is an incredible band that I'm trying to get more into. Hah! Actually, there are too many bands that I'm "trying" to get into. It should be more like bands that I'm trying to "save up" for! ;)

Brave Murder Day was the first I bought. I thought :eek: :D "YES! Another kick ass find." Then I didn't hear too much good about Discouraged Ones & Tonight's Decision so I never bought those. Then I started getting Last Fair Deal Gone Down downloads for free from a friend online and at first I thought. "Awe. No growls." Then I was humming the damn songs before I knew it. I love that album now. So, I've bought 2 of theirs. He's got a GREAT voice. MmHmm.

I really like...REALLY LIKE "We Must Bury You." :)

Lynn

"Forgive me for covering my eyes."

Come, join us. U know it makes sense ;)

Wow, this is almost a chat...and this somewhat sounds like "resistance is futile" :D
I'll join the Opeth board for sure, but I think this one will do for me until I'm able to contribute something profound without using my mother tongue ;) (since the Opeth forum has great depth indeed)
I just don't feel ready at the moment - and if I actually join the rumble, I won't introduce myself but only start posting 'cause I find introductions deadly dull :)

Cheerio