Katatonia in Piano

Kains D

Am I my brother's keeper?
Feb 17, 2002
Visit site
Years ago I was playing piano and suddenly I found a chord progression very similar to Tonight's Music. After some trail and error, I came with a crude 'cover' of the verse and the chorus. Other things (mainly paying my expenses) kept me from playing the cover again.

Then, I bought the Deliberation single and listened In the White (Dub mix). I was enthralled by how some songs could be altered in a beautiful and twisted way. Since then, I've been wanting to play the songs again, changing this and that, but remaining true to the essence of the song.

*ehem*

Which Katatonia songs would you like to listen in a piano acoustic version? Or which do you think would fit better?

gone,seven dreaming souls,gateways of bereavement,sulfur,teargas,right in to the bliss,in death a song,...

ghost of the sun......I think the possibilities of it being a crazy piano song are great.....linked between vocal and guitar chords.........Ive been taken with this song again recently anyways.....maybe thats why it comes to mind specifically...

After reading this thread, watching the respective video and listening to Unfurl, I've came to the conclusion that the world needs more Kata piano covers. Srsly.

Work is on the way, though. :S But I'll come up with something next weekend.

The poll is like this:

In death a song
help me disappear
in the white
Unfurl
the Future of Speech X
Dispossession
Code Against the Code
gone
seven dreaming souls
gateways of bereavement
sulfur
teargas
right into the bliss
in death a song
day
Scarlet Heavens
Evidence
Wait outside
tonight's music
unfurl
ghost of the sun
For funerals to come
This punishment
Quiet world

The Future of Speech's got two votes. After listening to it again and thinking of the chords it's quite a challenge considering the many layers it has (vocals, lead guitar, mellotron) while having to keep the rhythmic part with my left hand. There must be a way...

After reading this thread, watching the respective video and listening to Unfurl, I've came to the conclusion that the world needs more Kata piano covers. Srsly.

The poll is like this:

In death a song
help me disappear
in the white
Unfurl
the Future of Speech X
Dispossession
Code Against the Code
gone
seven dreaming souls
gateways of bereavement
sulfur
teargas
right into the bliss
in death a song
day
Scarlet Heavens
Evidence
Wait outside
tonight's music
unfurl
ghost of the sun
For funerals to come
This punishment
Quiet world

The Future of Speech's got two votes. After listening to it again and thinking of the chords it's quite a challenge considering the many layers it has (vocals, lead guitar, mellotron) while having to keep the rhythmic part with my left hand. There must be a way...

The future of speech has got my vote, absolutely! My (almost?) favourite katatonia song seems to be extremely beautiful on piano when I think of it :)

The poll is like this:

In death a song
help me disappear
in the white
Unfurl
the Future of Speech X
Dispossession
Code Against the Code
gone
seven dreaming souls
gateways of bereavement
sulfur
teargas
right into the bliss
in death a song
day
Scarlet Heavens
Evidence
Wait outside
tonight's music
unfurl
ghost of the sun
For funerals to come
This punishment
Quiet world

well ... if there's a poll. than add a poll to this thread! ( i guess you can do it by editting yourfirst post! )

otherwise the results will be so fragmented and hard to read..