Katatonia Live!!!! In London!!!

Fakespace

New Metal Member
May 23, 2001
Reading, England
www.fakespace.co.uk
Who's gonna see Katatonia in London on Friday night. I am really looking fowared to it Hopefully they should be ready to play more form the new album, as they played mainly songs from DO and TD at the Peacefest. Also if anyone wants to go I have some tickets (about 2) so if you hang around outside you may get in.

Also after tommorrow I will no doubt be back on saying what i thought.

By the way Katatonia I won't be pissed this time, so I will try not to nick your playlist!

Katatonia played very well. I noticed that they are still a little stage shy, but thats generates the perfect mood for their music. That touch of insecurity really generates an atmosphere.

They came on and the area was quiet. After having our ears ruined by Ackercocke it was a relief to say the least. Then suddenly they crash in with "Don't Tell a Soul", one of my favourites. The sound came out very well, although Jonas could of done with being a bit louder. For some reason all the sets needed to have louder vocals. Anyway they played amoung others: Tonights Music, Sweet Nurse, a few of Discouraged ones and a few of Tonights Decision, I can't remember the names as they are not quite as obvious on the older albums, although they did do a good playing of "Right into the Bliss".

I almost went to say hi to Jonas and try as i might I am a shy boy in an insecure world who longs to break free. You should see me when i try to chat up a girl! Anyway if you missed seeing them SHAME ON YOU!

Katatonia go down as one of my main influences to song writing, and they are not idols, or gods, they are pure humans with more emotion then any god could ever have.

Great show. Shame about Akercocke being on the bill, but then their manager promoted the gig, so... It created a bit of a split with the audience though. It was clear who was there to see which band. I'd be interested to see if the same thing happened outside of London, where Akercocke don't reign supreme.

Katatonia were tight, sounded great and played all my fave songs. I couldn't have asked for more.

I missed most of Gandalf's set, but what I saw sounded okay. They sound almost identical to Absurdus, also from Finland.

Lee B

great show, you can tell a show is really special when they dont play the song/s you wanted and you dont care. well thats exactly what happened, only 4 songs played from LFDGD but the whole set was great. Pity all the bands had to go off without an oncore, anyone know why? Gandalf wanted to play another song but were told they couldnt, oh well we wanted to see Kata more. i felt it was a good idea to put Akercocke on before Kata as it combined really bad with the really good of Kata. to be fair the Akercocke drummer was awesome and there were a few good but brief guitar solos but then poor vocals.Come back soon Kata!!!!!