Katatonia Members

Azhidahak

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2004
I dont know how many of you have met the katatonia members and personally talked to them, but I got the chance to do that for some months ago in Västerås (it was a metal festival called "Metal is not Dead"). And I must say Im really happy for that, because I realised how open minded and friendly these guys really are.

As Im a metal journalist and I mostly interview bands, I have met and talked and interviewed with many bands and there are so many stupid bands out there its unbeliavable. Most of them are extremely arrogant and "elitist" , not to mention all these racist shit bands these days that really makes me sad. Then, when you see the members of your favourite bands are such cool, nice and friendly people it really makes you happy. When I talked with Blakkheim I realised he is one of the most open minded metalheads I had talked too for a long time.

To all of you who havent met these guys, they are really nice people I can tell you.

And to all Katatonia members, you guys really rock, I will always support you.

ehh, a jag är den "invandraren" som du bjöd upp på läktaren för att prata med blakkheim, det stämmer det.

Förresten, ja hänger inte riktigt me, pratar man engelska eller svenska i de här forumet eller e de lite hur som helst?

Wow man... Those members were young some years ago ;)

bmd3.jpg

Azhidahak said:
I have met and talked and interviewed with many bands and there are so many stupid bands out there its unbeliavable. Most of them are extremely arrogant and "elitist" , not to mention all these racist shit bands these days that really makes me sad.

Yeah, when I realize from an interview, that the band i love is stupid, i can't just listen to their music anymore. It's great that Katatonia are such great guys

I've never met them in person, but I'm sure they are really nice guys :)
I just had the opportunity to talk via internet with Mattias and Anders, and I have to say they're just great guys, or at least that's what it seems. Very friendly and nice people.

I talk to Anders via internet sometimes and he has been nothing but cool as hell to me. He goes out of his way sometimes to do something small to let you know he appreciates you as a fan. He sent me a signed (Fred,Anders, Jonas) BMD era promo glossy just to be cool, he made sure I got all my stuff signed at the show, it was chaos and again he went out of his way to get the band together to sign all my stuff, he is the shit.
I have talked with everyone in the band for a minute or so. I would say that Daniel is the most accessible. He seems comfortable with hanging out with the fans. Jonas told me this great story about David Vincent (Morbid Angel) while he was signing my stuff, it was funny, but it seemed like he was maybe a little uncomfortable. It didnt seem like Fred spoke great english, he seemed a little standoffish. Mattias was very cool.

They were all really cool to see live and in person. They didnt have that " Im a rockstar" at all. I had so much respect for them before I saw them and it meant alot to me to know that I can respect them as people too. I am thankful for them.