Katatonia, Moonspell, Daylight Dies, Keen of the Crow

I don't know about this Rusty Eye stuff...Sounds like you guys should be opening for Kittie or some Judas Priest all girls tribute band.

Keen Of The Crow will doom that place down!

Would be cool if someone played some DANCE OF DECEMBER SOULS COVERS THERE HMMM??

The money this company makes in selling your details to advertising agencies will far exceed the amount they're shelling out for tickets, although it would be nice to win them!

Now if only they could come to Australia it would but perfect!

Ok whoever you are plz don't start. You haven't even seen us live or heard. I don't play in a tribute band, first of all because I hate playing covers, I hate all-female bands and guess what, I'm more doom that a lot of people in this country because I'm Spanish, I lived in Europe (in Spain), Mexico City (where lots of European bands get first), and now in LA (cus my dad is American too) and I've been listening to this kind of music since I was like 11.
I've been asked to join tons of bands (including the Iron Maidens and Mistress of Reality), even be on MTV and sell out, but I haven't done that becuase of integrity. I also won the "best female drummer of the year award" in LA, and one of our latest albums songs "Mr. Cannibal" is nominated for the LA music awards for "Best Heavy Metal single fo the year".
Now, I don't play games, I'm a very friendly person and I love what I do and people like it, so what can I do? Ok, my music doesn't sound like Anathema's Serenades (which I love) or Sleep's (Dopesmoker) or Turn Loose the Swans (My Dying Bride), but it doesn't mean that those are not our influences and their music inspires us.
Plz don't fall for people that only want to get the attention (although press good or bad is always good I guess!).
You have a good one. Doom on!

LifeDepraved said:
I don't know about this Rusty Eye stuff...Sounds like you guys should be opening for Kittie or some Judas Priest all girls tribute band.

Keen Of The Crow will doom that place down!

Would be cool if someone played some DANCE OF DECEMBER SOULS COVERS THERE HMMM??

Ummm I did hear you guys on your myspace page. And that Mr.Cannibal song is just annoying to me. And believe me...the type of crowd Moonspell/Katatonia bring in probably won't buy into it.

I don't really need your life story either. This is what I think and I'll stick to it. And being from a country of any sorts doesn't make one "doom" or any other genre. And I never said you play in a tribute band. Did you read anything I said?

If you're in a band, it's not wise to post such things

missrandall said:
Ok whoever you are plz don't start. You haven't even seen us live or heard. I don't play in a tribute band, first of all because I hate playing covers, I hate all-female bands and guess what, I'm more doom that a lot of people in this country because I'm Spanish, I lived in Europe (in Spain), Mexico City (where lots of European bands get first), and now in LA (cus my dad is American too) and I've been listening to this kind of music since I was like 11.
I've been asked to join tons of bands (including the Iron Maidens and Mistress of Reality), even be on MTV and sell out, but I haven't done that becuase of integrity. I also won the "best female drummer of the year award" in LA, and one of our latest albums songs "Mr. Cannibal" is nominated for the LA music awards for "Best Heavy Metal single fo the year".
Now, I don't play games, I'm a very friendly person and I love what I do and people like it, so what can I do? Ok, my music doesn't sound like Anathema's Serenades (which I love) or Sleep's (Dopesmoker) or Turn Loose the Swans (My Dying Bride), but it doesn't mean that those are not our influences and their music inspires us.
Plz don't fall for people that only want to get the attention (although press good or bad is always good I guess!).

missrandall said:

This is a Keen of the Crow ticket giveaway post, not a Rusty Eye one. If you wish to continue this dialouge please do so in your own post.

Thanks.

-R
KotC

How proud we all are of you that you are not on MTV, and have had these offers and that you don't play in a tribute band! You are just lame for taking what Ronnie (PHAZE) said out of context! you are not "Doom" and wouldn't know what it was if it hit you in the ass.
and what does where you came from have anything to do with this? Take your award and bring it somewhere else.

Ronnie:
My band is also playing this date in our area, and there are some not so fitting bands on this one too. there are about 4 openers, and the 3 in the package. It bumms me out too, that they have to cram the bill to meet the prices. doors will be at 2pm by time this gets going lol.

missrandall said:

Dont know how things are in the US, but here in ireland anyway, usually even if its a three band touring lineup that plays, a large section of the audience wont arrive till just before the headliner. I`d be unwilling to play a show where i`d be opening or even second on a 6/7 band lineup. You`d be playing in front of 20 people.

S'up peeps!

First of all I'd like to thank you all for your support. It is very much appreciated!

Dan, as always you are the man and I hope we can hook up again sometime in the not so distant future. If you ever make it out to Cali please be sure to bring those leopard print spandex you rocked at the mass gig....I'm in need of a really good laugh and that shit was funny!!! Faeg!

All of the touring bands we're awesome! Daylight Dies we're probably my faves of the night and put on an awesome show. Gald we got see them for sure.

We did okay and played to a packed house at 7PM which was a surprise. The show actually went off better then we thought it was going to as it was surrounded with turmoil from the time we got there until the time we left. We actually had people that drove out from as far as Vegas and Utah to see us and some of the touring bands play. I'm sure the touring bands had a lot more to do with that then us, but it was nice to hear people from that far away say that we had a hand in them coming out.....If one of you read this please know that you have our deepest respect and warmest thanks!

I'll bite my tounge and spare you all the gory details of the drama that surrounded this show but rest assured there was plenty of it ;-)

-R

S'up peeps!

First of all I'd like to thank you all for your support. It is very much appreciated!

Dan, as always you are the man and I hope we can hook up again sometime in the not so distant future. If you ever make it out to Cali please be sure to bring those leopard print spandex you rocked at the mass gig....I'm in need of a really good laugh and that shit was funny!!! Faeg!

All of the touring bands we're awesome! Daylight Dies we're probably my faves of the night and put on an awesome show. Gald we got see them for sure.

We did okay and played to a packed house at 7PM which was a surprise. The show actually went off better then we thought it was going to as it was surrounded with turmoil from the time we got there until the time we left. We actually had people that drove out from as far as Vegas and Utah to see us and some of the touring bands play. I'm sure the touring bands had a lot more to do with that then us, but it was nice to hear people from that far away say that we had a hand in them coming out.....If one of you read this please know that you have our deepest respect and warmest thanks!

I'll bite my tounge and spare you all the gory details of the drama that surrounded this show but rest assured there was plenty of it ;-)

-R

yeah, can we say m productions = shit!!!

fuck man, i was pissed that you guys played a 25 min set and you were the first band up.... give me a break!!!!

you guys were the only band that made sense on that kinda tour... the other bands, sorry to say, didn't fit the deathy, melodic doom feel of the night... amon isis??? a third rate cradle of filth with no fucking bassist?... and that other band that was like a horror punk band or something...

by the way is this rhett?... if so, i met you on sunday night... i'm john, lilly's friend...

awesome set too guys... daylight dies was so fucking good... and katatonia really kicked my ass... fucking murder!

Amon Isis was God Awful. The lead singer was too affixed with keeping her pants on that she paid no attention to her vocal delivery, which was lackluster at best. The fat behemoth clean vocalist obviously lost her place in line at the local hot topic, which caused her to arrive tardy halfway in to the set. What a fucking joke!

Now Rusty brown eye wasn't bad per se. Miss Randall did drum her little heart out and tried to give the best possible performance she could muster. With that being said, their music is far from award winning. Competent, is the highest compliment I could allow myself to give the trio. I was severly pissed off that I missed Keen of the Crow. Expecting them to go on before Daylight Dies, I took my time going in to the venue, figuring I could miss a couple local bands I had no desire to see. Unfortunately I was duped by Eminem productions as I seen the Viking Beasts leave the stage and walk the filthy road of Sunset blvd.