Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, & Swallow The Sun @ BB Kings (9-6-07)

Tramz

OSA Council Member
Aug 9, 2007
Long Island, New York
Man, what an amazing night. For me, this is going to be the concert to beat this year. 4 bands, all awesome. Considering i have more concerting to do tomorrow, i don't have the time (or energy) to post tons of pictures right now, but what i am going to do is post the set lists.

Swallow the Sun was up first, i never got to their set list, so i have no idea what they played. All i know is they were great live. I had listened to one of their albums and i was lukewarm about them, but live, they are fantastic.

After them came Insomnium with their brand of metal that mixes melodic death with deeper stuff like doom, acoustic passages, and to quote one fellow concert goer "some dreamy stuff". Here is their setlist:

insomniumkm5.jpg

They wrote the list in shorthand. So in order, the songs are: Mortal Share, Drawn To Black, The Killjoy, Daughter of the Moon, The Day It All Came Down, and Devoid of Caring.

Next up was Scar Symmetry, who are quickly becoming a real favorite of mine. Lead vocalist Christian Älvestam even gave me a thumbs up during Slaves To The Subliminal (the first song played) for knowing all the words. Anyway, here is the set list:

scarsymtq7.jpg

Finally came Katatonia in their first headlining tour here in America. I have to admit, by this time i was a bit tired (hey, 6 hours of standing in the same spot screaming and headbanging can do that to you), but that didn't stop me from enjoying their great set. There are a few songs that i wish they would have played: Dispossession, Deliberation, and Omerta (though as i understand it, they've never played Omerta live, so that's a pipe dream), but still i thoroughly enjoyed their set. Here's the set list:

katatonians9.jpg

I can't wait to see more from all of these bands. For me, this is without a doubt the can't-be-missed tour of the season (being right up front didn't hurt heh). I have another 9 concerts coming up before the end of October, but i don't know if any will top this.

Good for you, Tramz1 Must have been a killer night with this roster! Wish I could see them all in one night...

Well, actually I have seen all but Scar Symmetry live, so I really can't envy you guys to much.

But anyone still sitting on the fence with the chance of seeing this gig: GO FOR IT - NOW!!!

Hey! I'll see this show tomorrow. It will be my first show ever! I have a few questions to ask.

Did Swallow the Sun played Swallow? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG8RkJd2Gdc

And did Insomnium had a third guitarist for the harmonisations?

Wow, it'll be so cool!

I'm almost positive that they did play Swallow. I think it was their last song.

No Insomnium didn't have a third guitarist, but that didn't really take away from the awesomeness of their set.

Very cool that this is your first show! This is a great one to start with! Have an amazing time and be sure to let us know how it went :]

Hey! I'll do that! Can you tell me how much time each band played approximately?

I heard Swallow the Sun and Insomnium played 30 minutes and Scar 40 minutes. Is this right?

Hey! I'll do that! Can you tell me how much time each band played approximately?

I heard Swallow the Sun and Insomnium played 30 minutes and Scar 40 minutes. Is this right?

I didn't time it, but that sounds about right. I posted most of the set lists above, so that should give you a fair idea of the time involved.