Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

I hope this is the case with new Tool album. at the moment only about 3 songs click with me ( the 'radio' songs ). The others just dont fit with the album( back catalogue mainly) very well whatsoever. And there are many bands that do the 'jammin' thing alot better.

I like the new Katatonia, specially songs like 'July' or 'Consternation'. Fresh air after Viva Emptiness that was a deception.
Ah ! I think the single (My Twin) is one of the weakest songs in the album

I've been playing The Great Cold Distance quite a lot since it came out and I love it. I was a little hesitant about it at first because the 'hooks' aren't as immediate as the last couple of albums but there's no doubt in my mind now that it's easily one of their best albums... IMO at least :)

I love this album as well, but the first few times I listened to I couldn't help but feel it was missing something. The distorted riffs are good for a casual listen, but I expected more on the guitar front. Jonas' vocals are quite good however, and the drumming was excellent. While not their "best" recording, it is a very good album to pick up.

The Grat Cold Distance is one of those albums that grew more and more on me with repeated listens, and I enjoy that a lot. I thought it was a solid album from the beginning, but the more I have it spin the more it sinks in and the hooks keep getting better.

Definitely an enjoyable album for me!