The Great Cold Distance coverart - your thoughts

I reckon Katatonia's artwork has always been the BEST!
I find it impossible to name an example when Kat's artwork has been less than amazing, TGCD's case is no different, so it's a 10/10 from me and I expect the usual avalanche of bands copying it, as they've always done, shortly from now.

as for the new artwork, i think it's their worse, along with the record. As I've already stated somewhere else, the color red intense totally disagrees with the "concept". The only nice design I've found is the retro-cover of the my twin single. Curiously enough, the single contains the best songs by katatonia-2006.

my fav whould be LFDGD because it feels so... Resident Evil...
TGCD cover is red, and the album is a lot about politicians (Leaders???).
Anybody else think the band is somewhat Komunistic :p

And for those who say al Katatonia covers are great... You appearantly never saw the Dacen of December Souls cover... The other ones are good... but that one...

IFK_Gothenburg said:
my fav whould be LFDGD because it feels so... Resident Evil...
TGCD cover is red, and the album is a lot about politicians (Leaders???).
Anybody else think the band is somewhat Komunistic :p

And for those who say al Katatonia covers are great... You appearantly never saw the Dacen of December Souls cover... The other ones are good... but that one...

Komunistic?? :)

Never thought about it, really...however ,I highly doubt this being their political view

Well, the album IS RED you know :p
No don't really believe so myself either but thought of it when I read somebody saying that the diffrent colours had diffrent meanings on diffrent albums...
And thought of the idea that Anders perhaps has a statue of Stalin in his bedroom :p

I definitely love the artwork on the new album. It illustrates, to me, a feeling of deperation that is clearly evident in the lyrical content.

IFK_Gothenburg said:
Well, the album IS RED you know :p
No don't really believe so myself either but thought of it when I read somebody saying that the diffrent colours had diffrent meanings on diffrent albums...
And thought of the idea that Anders perhaps has a statue of Stalin in his bedroom :p

Stalin was an asshole...

The red color does stand for Kommunism though, but not Stalin
I think it's a salute to the chinese doll manifacturers that are about to release little Katatonia action figures...

limited edition first 1000 coppies of Jonas will come with blond hair:p (regular edition- black hair,tired eyes)
limited edition Anders will come with dark hair and corpse paint(regular edition-no corpse paint,blond hair, detachable blond facial hair)

I wish!

paradoxile said:
I like My Twin's cover more than TGCD's
Dido. I also like the deliberation cover better. I like Vivas artwork the best but the cover for discouraged is up there as well.

D3v4S7A710N said:
I think Tonight's Decision has the best cover art.

Perhaps not the coverart but overall Tonight's Decision has the best artwork in it for me. So perfectly fitting with the music, and just fantastic on it's own. LFDGD is a close second.

I'm not massively keen on the new albums artwork. But I do have to say - in general, I really don't like band photos much, they almost always look tacky or just boring, but the band photo that they put out with this album (featured on the poster in the Swedish edition of TGCD, on the TGCD album shirt on their site etc) is really excellent. First band tshirt I've ever bought with a band photo on it!

I was looking at the artwork a bit more closely yesterday and I have to say it's great, all the colours fit very well together, including the grey/white lettering inside the booklet. It is very clear and fitting.

Just look at the new colorscheme of the forum, looks great!