Katatoniac music and family...

yv said:
Shit lies deep within ourselves. And sometimes it starts to stink.

A very insightful and beautiful metaphor
dozey.gif

Dora said:
Have you ever succeded in convert someone to metal?
Anyone here noticed how converting your friends or anyone to a certain band is for the most part almost impossible. Yes maybe they will like a song, few songs or even an album but never will become aboloutely fanatic like you!
And when my friends try to convert me I never get into it. If a band is going to be "special" to me I have to find about it for my self.

Edit: I´ve stopped trying to convert people to the music I like, I really think it serves no point because I get so pissed off when they say: yeah, thats not band... NOT BAD ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU FUCK, ITS AMAZING!!! :)

I had a very religious (catholic) frien who had many preconceptions about this band and thought it's black metat and black metal guys paint their faces and kill animals and all that bloody shit and sing about hell and satan blah blah.. so I started with Teargas and Omerta and other lyric songs and finally he really really liked them and all, and said it's a worthy, good, unique, wise and nice music ..
But I would not say it's typical. He was a musician, so couldnt ignore the good.

Timothy said:
I think Katatonia helps in that you/we are not alone in our pain. No one would listen to Katatonia if somehow they did't feel connected to the music/lyrics.
Sadly most of my friends (who understand me) don't understand Katatonia. Go figure.
But my girlfriend likes Katatonia and went to the concert with me. And today I will be seeing Evanescence with her, for her.
And yeah, my future kids will hear Katatonia. And Marble Arch. And Joy Division. I hope they'll raid my album collection and choose to become who they want to be instead of living up to the expectations of others!

HAHAHAHAHA you're going to see evanescence!! Have you not heard of Lacuna Coil?

Great joke though, you gotta credit the aptly-named wind-up records, they get a band together, rip off lacuna coil and make it more nu-metal, then put the album out and mass market it so that it makes mega-bucks.

LAME.

My brother doesn't like Katatonia, but he listens to hip hop, you know...
My mother asks me continously to make her listen to Katatonia because I speak of them all the time...but I think she couldn't appreciate their music...she is mostly into classical stuff (but for example she likes Opeth mellow songs)...
In Italy I've got only one friend who likes Katatonia as much as I do, a couple of people appreciate them, but they are not fanatic.
I remember once I played Katatonia to a friend who is not into music at all, but she appreciated them and we also read and commented Jonas lyrics together. Everyone who knows me knows who are Katatonia, but only a few people can really love them and for this reason I keep Katatonia only for myself.
I hope I will have children in the near future and they will grow up with Katatonia music in the background!
I don't think Katatonia is depressive, it's just beautiful music that makes me feel happy, because it's so good, so great...I really feel fulfilled!

yv, how about another topic: "would you show your new avatar to your little baby child?" :)
oh, yes.. so much artificial coloring in strawberry Fanta.. damn coca-cola company.. :)

it seems that moms like katatonia or they are more likely to try what their cute little child loves.. :) interesting.. shouldn't dads like metal more?

Will WE like what people will play 20 years later?

My mom likes Katatonia alot too, as well as other metal like Nevermore, My Dying Bride, Opeth, etc.

My dad on the other hand doesn't even listen to music at all.

I was totally surprised when my grandma asked me what band I was listening and told me she liked it..
She was impressed by quality of the vocals..

too bad she doesn't understand English