Katatonia's Top 5 Worst Songs...By Anders

Epistel is a song but Untrue isn't?

Never said "Untrue" wasn't a song. I said it didn't seem like a "real" one as if...there's no song structure to it. It's just a soft intro, some yelling to a single riff, then an outro the same as the intro. I guess what I meant was it seemed more like a "filler" track, kind of the way Tool loves to do at times.

"Epistel" is just noise.

wtf?he at least should have mentioned "we mudt bury you" "criminals" "sold heart" but "relention","DANCING DECEMBER"fuck,is Anders insane or what?

ohhh shut please, don't make me wonder why the fuck you haven't even uploaded a single pic of you in four years...

He makes good points about all the songs on his list. Epistel is worthless, and Dancing December I can listen to but it's definitely odd. Relention and Fractured I do find to be both good songs, but they are probably a little weak compared to a lot of their other songs. I like Untrue too, but it does feel pretty incomplete.

If I had to pick their worst song overall besides Epistel, I'd probably go with Scarlet Heavens. While I do enjoy the song from time to time and think it's well written, it's just not Katatonia to me. Jonas sounds like he's doing an impression of all those shitty goth vocalists who sound like they're singing lower than their voice naturally goes. At least Jonas doing it sounds decent.

I also never really got into One Year From Now. It's just a strange song compared to the rest of their material on Viva Emptiness, and the noisy part in the middle really sucks.

If I had to choose it would be "Walking By A Wire". Definitely. I like all other songs from all of the albums,eps and singles... Other than Walking By A Wire, Will I Arive and One Year From Now are the ones that I don't find very... "inspired".

Also, how the hell is Seven Dreaming Souls not there if Epistel is? If one counts as a song, then the other definitely should, and there's no way Relention or Dancing December is less entertaining than either.

I am pretty shocked on relention as well. I love that song, really get in your head. Very interesting comments though, and also a good read. I always wonder with bands what songs they just hate that they wrote. I hope me and Anders can still be friends lol.

Wow. Fractured IMHO is one of the most powerful songs of the band! Headbangin' riffs! Relention has a good atmosphere for a night driving=) Untrue... i find it a good piece of song, it is great as a piece of music coming from nowhere and going to nowhere.

About Dancing D and Epistel - I'm agree with Anders.

I don't like the chorus to Fractured at all, and I can agree with Untrue and Epistel (although I don't 'hate' either song).

Totally, totally disagree about Dancing December! I think it is a beautiful song, my favorite off of DODS. I think the atmosphere and melody is very heartfelt. I also like Relention quite a bit, great song! I would take both of these songs over over The Promise Of Deceit or Right Into The Bliss anyday.