Kayo Dot in Fort Worth

Autumn Falls

Ace Harding, P.I.
Jul 9, 2001
Denton, TX
www.flickr.com
Ok ok I know it hasn't happened yet but it's the next show. Anyone from this board going besides myself? I know I have several friends who say they are definitely going and seem to be very stoked so I'm excited. Things I'm not excited about are the fact that my car which just got out of the collision repair shop last week is needing to go back because a tire is for lack of a better word still fucked. Also my roommate who is the other guy who is dying to see the show.. well his car is dead too. So finding rides for as many people as we can will be fun.

I'm hoping the turnout will be good... I mean I'm thinking yea because it's Dallas... lot of people. Anyway I'm excited.

What are the KD guys doing between the Phoenix show and this one? Also have fun with the west Texas drive. I've never made it myself but a friend from VA who goes to U of Santa Fe just made it the weekend before last. From what I've heard hours and hours of nothing.

Brandon

P.S. I wish the Wreck Room had a damn working website.

hey brandon, can you ask the KD guys if they have any interest in going to the Isis/Dysrhythmia/etc. show in Boston on 12/3? kevin hufnagel asked me if they were going and i didn't have a good answer for him.

I drove through west Texas last month and I'd have to say that the vast- and nothing-ness just completely kicked ass.

xfer said:
hey brandon, can you ask the KD guys if they have any interest in going to the Isis/Dysrhythmia/etc. show in Boston on 12/3? kevin hufnagel asked me if they were going and i didn't have a good answer for him.
I know Greg is interested because we talked about it, and I said I'd like to see Isis. I didn't know Dysrhythmia were also on the tour so Greg asked me if I knew them. I answered very cheerfully since I actually prefer Dys. to Isis because I got into them before they were signed to Relapse via their mp3.com page. anywho, yeah I'm sure some of the band is definitely interested in that show.

as for their plans between Phoenix and Fort Worth. Forbes and Toby both wanna explore the desert. Greg wants to eat at a Waffle House. so, I'm assuming since there's a lot of desert and a lot of Waffle Houses everyone will be happy. west TX is cool for a little while but gets old. El Paso was decent but pretty slummy and very Mexican. lots of nothing as avi said.

yeah, he told me on the way to get vegan Thai that he doesn't know what he's gonna do with all the Waffle Houses and nothing else in TX. he'll have to find some vegan junk food from truck stops.

those things are absolutely everywhere. they're all like the size of a small tornado-ravaged trailer. and the food is crap. Bob Evans is where it's at. but i can totally see the aesthetic appeal of the interstate-side waffle house, even if the food therein is unsatiating.

It really depends on which one you go to. Some are pretty low quality and the food is sub-par, but there are a number of them that are very very good. I'd say the good ones outweigh the bad, but it's the bad that give its reputation. On the whole though, I'm rarely disappointed by the big W H.

Hah... yea some Waffle Houses can be really good or so I'm told but the one in Denton is supposed to be shit. As for Vegan places to eat Forbes might want to check out the Hari Krishna temple in Dallas... it's supposedly one of the best vegan restaurants in the US and it's been visited by all sorts of celebrities. Several of my friends vegetarian and not love it.. I was dragged along once and while it was a nice experience I prefer 3.99 all you can eat shit pizza at CiCi's.

Brandon