kayo dot interview in lamentations of the flame princess

I agree whole-heartedly with the assessment on the term "progressive" being thrown around haphazardly. Most prog metal bands aren't progressive, it's just that prog sound people have come to expect. I would consider Kayo Dot very progressive though, in the truest sense of the word.

I didn't know there was a puzzle with Bath/LYBM... I only picked those up about a year ago though, guess I'm still a n00bie.

"Just think of it as contemporary classical music with distorted guitars and drums."

This is kind of how I explain your sound to someone before spinning the disc. Nice interview. :)

Did anyone ever solve the big puzzle of the last two albums?

TD: If they did, they didn't tell us.

GM: That goes back to how many people actually bought them, or how many people cared enough.

TD: You'd only see it if you actually bought the CD and have the CD and not download it. So how many people have it? Two thousand people, something like that.

GM: And how many of them were interested enough to figure it out?

TD: It's still a treat that's there for anyone who's interested.

i studied bath and leaving your body map and the secret song for a long time once, but i could never solve the puzzle. i decided that it's best that i never do figure it all out, otherwise a little bit of the mysteriousness would be lost. that secret adds quite a bit to the charm.

Is the hidden song still available somewhere?

EDIT: Or maybe just the secret song?

I don't have any downloading software, I guess it's finally time to join that crowd.

Couldn't find it on Bearshare or eMule, so now I'm off to cry myself to sleep on my gigantic pilla.

I tried to feel better about not being able to solve the puzzle by thinking that any message that needs so much work to be decoded, could never be as profound as I then would expect it to be.

edit:

Furthermore, it's interesting that we consider progressive in the true sense of the word, that a band is trying to achieve a contemporary classical sound.

hey inkybmistro, i got this message:

403 Forbidden
You must supply a local referer to get URL '/maudlinofthewellhouse.gif' from this server.

I read on the coheed and cambria board that they were trying to decode the greek lettering as russian cyrillic. i mean that will totally not work, guys.

Fosoya: after you click on the link and the forbidden page pops up, refresh it to see image. Alternatively, open a new blank browser screen and copy paste the url. It doesn't allow outside linking, I think.