Keep this bands in mind!!

metalchesy

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
For ProgPower V i would like everybody to consider these bands: Heavenly, Sonata Arctica, Dreamtale(the new CD is just unbelievable!), At Vance, Lost Horizon, Vision Divine(or Labyrinth, but maybe too expensive!), Fairyland(is like having Rhapsody.but cheaper!)..anyway!! let me know what you metalheads think of this!!! :worship:
Other great bands: Arida Vortex,Moonlight Fear,warcry,Seven Gates,Shadow Host!!!

metalchesy said:
For ProgPower V i would like everybody to consider these bands: Heavenly, Sonata Arctica, Dreamtale(the new CD is just unbelievable!), At Vance, Lost Horizon, Vision Divine(or Labyrinth, but maybe too expensive!), Fairyland(is like having Rhapsody.but cheaper!)..anyway!! let me know what you metalheads think of this!!! :worship:
Other great bands: Arida Vortex,Moonlight Fear,warcry,Seven Gates,Shadow Host!!!
Sonat Arctica might be kind of cool but I wasn't overly impressed with their latest effort. Dreamtale I have yet to hear...I heard some good things about them will give them a listen. At Vance would be cool so would Lost Horizon...the other I am a little iffy at best.

Consider these bands as well:

Adagio (Glenn you must have this band they have put out two incredible albums "Sanctus Ignis" and "Underworld" and Stephan Forte has to be one of the best up and coming guitarist...I might get some slack for this but I would say that Symphony X better watch their backs as this band is rising fast through the ranks!)

Dead Soul Tribe (Devon Graves new album A murder of crows is simply incredible, one of my top 5 albums so far in 2003...besides that you might even get a chance to see him bust out the flute ala Ian Andersson! :) And a Psychotic Waltz reunion would be awesome!)

Stratovarius (I haven't cared much for the last two albums but I really love their older stuff...besides they could easily fit the headline bill...but the problem might be the money they want.)

Pain of Salvation (I REALLY REALLY want to see these guys live, I love their albums!!!)

Dan Swano w/Nightingale or Jorn Lade w/Ark or Masterplan - heck I will take any version of these two singers and musicians

Some others:
The Gathering
Theocracy (would be a cool pre-party band)
Amaran
Enchant
Gordian Knot
Freak Kitchen
Green Carnation
Conception (reunion)
Children of Bodom

Adagio would be a great 2nd or 3rd slot band at ProgPower!!! I would also love to see Masterplan and Children of Bodom (as the non power/prog band at PP). Stratovarius would make an excellent headliner as long as they play a lot of their classis, especially from the Episode and Visions era.

Other bands that should be considered are:

Brainstorm: they have released three great albums in a row, and judging from the people's response and the one dude lip-singing the Brainstorm song over the PA at this year's ProgPower, I think they would be a pretty popular band at the festival

Grave Digger: legendary power metal band with lots of sing-along catchy choruses. They would make a great headliner.

Nocturnal Rites: great power metal band!!! They have released several great albums already and would make a great 3rd slot band.

Dreamscape: I have heard rumors these guys are releasing a new album soon. They are a great prog metal band from Germany and would fit ProgPower like a glove!

power metal type wishes:

nocturnal rites

heavenly

grave digger

running wild

brainstorm

mystic prophecy

for the wildcard, children of bodom would be awesome. they would have to play at least 3rd though.

as for the prog: usually a decent job is done with this, and i dont have any huge wishes.

Try out these following bands for possible Prog Power V

1). Savatage
2). Adagio
3). Stratovarius
4). Royal Hunt
5). Elegy
6). Artension
7). DGM
8). Sonata Artica
9). Pain of Salvation
10). Uli Jon Roth

This lineup of performers would surely get ProgPower USA on the map,as far as Festivals' go!!!

I seriously doubt my brother will come next year if Pain Of Salvation is not on the bill. & IMO -

Lord Wierd Slough Feg, Zero Hour, Lost Horizon, Metalium, Primal Fear , Mezarkabul, Dragon Force, Dead Soul Tribe, and that is all of the known bands I can think of that might be there. As in - are not too big, but fall into the big enough realm. just, please, please, please - not so many overboard on the keyboards and cheesy guitar solos. I want to see bands that play songs not solos.

Considering the fact that Nightwish put on such a spectacular performance at PP4, why not have at least one female-fronted band at PP5? Consider these: Within Temptation, After Forever, Edenbridge, Seraphim, or Epica. Just my 2 cents...

David N. said:
Considering the fact that Nightwish put on such a spectacular performance at PP4, why not have at least one female-fronted band at PP5? Consider these: Within Temptation, After Forever, Edenbridge, Seraphim, or Epica. Just my 2 cents...
All very good female fronted bands...however the one that you left out would be my first vote...The Gathering! :) I would say Within Temptation, After Forever then Epica as the next in line. :)

Wow, I can't believe you guys like Within Temptation. That singer has a good voice if you listen to her guest appearance on the Avantasia albums, but listening to the Mother Earth CD it's painfully clear that she doesn't know how to sing. Some of the vocals are laughably bad they sound so awkward. The music isn't really metal, either, more like bland atmospheric goth rock.

I'm all for bringing more female-fronted bands to future ProgPower (Nightwish blew me away), but I sure hope that doesn't include Within Temptation. I'd rather see Lacuna Coil. I'll have to check out Epica and some of the others.

warmwetos said:
All very good female fronted bands...however the one that you left out would be my first vote...The Gathering! :) I would say Within Temptation, After Forever then Epica as the next in line. :)

The reason I excluded The Gathering from my list is because I've already seen them (Milwaukee Metalfest '99), and NONE of the bands I named have ever played in the USA. This is just my opinion, but I'd much rather see a band that hasn't had the opportunity to play in the states as opposed to one that has. Besides, hasn't The Gathering already toured the USA?

jkohn said:
I'm all for bringing more female-fronted bands to future ProgPower (Nightwish blew me away), but I sure hope that doesn't include Within Temptation. I'd rather see Lacuna Coil. I'll have to check out Epica and some of the others.
Lacuna Coil. are touring. the US. to DEATH. right now.

please don't waste a Progpower slot on them, WHATEVER you do.

seriously, they've opened on THREE major tours this YEAR (opeth, type o negative, and anthrax)

I'm sick of seeing them and if they play progpower five i might have to cry.

Ryan

If Elisa was still with Dark Moor they would have my vote as the best female fronted power metal band and I would love to see them at ProgPower! Maybe her new band Dreamaker will be good. Fairyland is ok but nowhere near the level of Dark Moor.

yngwieuli said:
Try out these following bands for possible Prog Power V

1). Savatage
2). Adagio
3). Stratovarius
4). Royal Hunt
5). Elegy
6). Artension
7). DGM
8). Sonata Artica
9). Pain of Salvation
10). Uli Jon Roth

This lineup of performers would surely get ProgPower USA on the map,as far as Festivals' go!!!
I hate to break it to you, but Prog Power was "on the map" aftre last year's unbeatable lineup of Angra, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Pain of Salvation, Threshold, Blind Guardian, etc... I think that was the most anticipated U.S. Metal Festival ever! I think you're lineup is great, but Prog Power has been well established without any of those bands.