Kefir for mac or something like that

Curse9

Jun 10, 2008
Germany
no, i don't want to spend money for sir2 right now. I am searching a free plug to work with it in cubase on mac.
I use cubase 5 and tried the revrence plugin but it after running three instances of it the computer was on its limit.

Do you guys have a hint for me?

MellowMuse IR1A ($50US).

Unless the ABG/LePou loaders get ported by renoise, I think that's the name. Those are suppose to remain free but work for Mac as VST plug-ins - no word on ETA though.

LOLOLOL.

I think that fail was meant for an msn convo I had open at the time, have no idea how it got on this without me noticing:lol:

seems a bit stupid that cubase provides support for mac but wont run Audio units..

Not at all. ProTools does not support AU format either. Several DAWs don't. Logic is the main user, I believe Ableton as well, then you have Digital Performer which does use AU but other formats as well, I think Ableton is similar in that respect. Cubase is from Steinberg, the company that you know... invented VST? So I don't see how it's stupid that they only support their own format of plug-ins.

Just for a little more info, check out this page and scroll down to "Operating system and plugin support". Notice how all but ONE DAW, and a very unknown one at that, does not support VST. Tell me how many don't support AU ;)