Keith Olbermann..

T-man, how's it going? You rootin' for the Celts?
No doubt bro!!! I was at games one and two and it was completely insane!!!
Better than ANY concert I've ever been to!

I expect them to win tonight (Hope I didn't just jinx them:erk:) then probably lose one more before winning it in six..

How you been Q?? Pick up any cool firearms lately?

C'mon Hatred dude.... I expect alot of these other people to be bashing Sue but you've been here for a LONG time and know she's VERY vocal about her opinions/facts and there's really nothing wrong with that (Is there??)

Seriously though, Back off on insulting Sue... She's a pretty cool lady!! Plus she's not even close to the most annoying person to ever post here..

Hatred, on a personal note...I hope everything is going good for you in Motown!! You still beating the skins??

Yes, I have been here for a long time. My problem with her is that she rarely ever presents her side or even debates anything, but would rather spout off stereotypical pundit quotes and replies.. It's always, "liberal media this, Damn Demicommies that, blah, blah, blah:rolleyes:...I just find it sad that there are people like her that would rather be told by one newstation what to think. That's not being opinionated, that's just not thinking for yourself. The difference between her and I is that I will get my information from many different news sources from both sides of the fence and I always take what is printed with a huge grain of salt. She'd just rather watch her O'Reilly, read her Coulter books, do zero fact checking and then think of herself as a well-versed person when it comes to politics. Again :rolleyes:...I have zero problems with people being opinionated or having the complete opposite views than myself. Actually, I rather enjoy hearing both sides and sometimes even my opinion will change on a subject if it is presented well. Jurched has changed my opinion on a few things because he actually backs up why he feels the way does about something or will throw in *gasp* actual facts.

Hell, I know I am an opinionated asshole, but I try to at least present my views in a somewhat mature manner and hear others out (Although, I have on occasions stooped to Sue's level and retorted back to her with childish name calling...like this thread for example). You and I have gone back and forth many times, but rarely did we ever resort to being complete assholes to each other. I guess what I am saying is that I'll respect anyones opinion as long as they back up why they feel that way and are not just parroting some conservative political pundit all day long. So when she starts respecting others opinions and knocks off the bullshit name calling (it immediately discredits anything she says anyhow) then I will to.

BTW: I also think Olberman and O'Reilly are both complete assholes.

You and I have gone back and forth many times, but rarely did we ever resort to being complete assholes to each other.
I've been a complete, whole, gigantic, enormous, ridiculous asshole for so long I just never wanted to drag you through my shit hole cause we're cool:lol::kickass:

But this thread has too serious a tone for what it's about.. I mean if anyone was looking to start the whole Rep .vs Dem .vs Con .vs Lib .vs Elephant .vs Jackass, USA .vs Europe thing that got totally out of hand about 8 years ago count me in!! But this discussion about two guys who wouldn't piss on any of us if we were on fire and have no problems filling their tanks just seems too intense for what it's about..

Also you must really be heated about this topic....You didn't even respond as to if you're still beating the drums or how you've been:p

Also you must really be heated about this topic....You didn't even respond as to if you're still beating the drums or how you've been:p

Not at all heated about this thread:lol: I have been pretty good. Just plugging along at my job and trying to get another degree in my spare time. I also just got back from Chicago not too long ago and saw Anthrax while I was there. It was a good show and the new singer is actually pretty badass.

I'm still beating the shit out of the drums and have actually, ironically enough, been jamming with my buddies from Boston that played in Lo-Life. They moved back here recently because the singer was having to many run-in's with the cops:lol: I just started playing out with them a couple of weeks ago. It's going good, so far. I've always had kind of an odd time signature and Melvins-esque style of playing, but this is straight up punk/thrash that we are playing and it's actually been really fun because it's the complete opposite of my style of playing. It's not a real serious band or anything. Just shit I like to do on the weekends when I have time and we can actually coordinate our schedules. Anyways, how have you been? You doing good health wise? I know you were pretty sick there for a while. Anyhoo, hope all is well.

BTW: Fuck the Celtics!:lol: Those fuckers took out my Pistons:D

No doubt bro!!! I was at games one and two and it was completely insane!!!
Better than ANY concert I've ever been to!

I expect them to win tonight (Hope I didn't just jinx them:erk:) then probably lose one more before winning it in six..

How you been Q?? Pick up any cool firearms lately?

Last night, just before the half, my three year old daughter comes out of her room. She can't sleep and wants to lay on the couch with me. So, third qtr starts and she falls asleep on me. Doc puts the small lineup in and the Celts start to mount a comeback. I'm getting all kinds of excited but, can't get too crazy because my daughter is asleep on my chest. Dude, I was almost convulsing when they finally went ahead. When Allen drove the lane and scored. I was having such a hard time keeping quiet that I was sweating. I am looking forward to Sunday.
I just picked up a Kel-Tec P11. I'm using that as my new primary carry piece. You got anything new?

In regards to Hatred/Sue. Both are top notch people. Whether I agree with them or not, I like reading their posts. As Forest Gump would say "That's about all I have to say about that."
I am so absolutely tired of politics.

I am so absolutely tired of politics.

Agreed. Since Sue pretty much posts only about politics, I'll just stay out of those threads. Problem solved. I have to deal with dickhead Senators and Rep's all day long, so the last thing I even want to talk about is politics. I used to be really gung-ho about this kinda stuff, but my job has crushed my spirit for dealing with anything remotely political these days.

Lol at Sue and others. Keith is great. And yeah his numbers are getting higher and higher, two weeks ago he actually surpassed O'Reilly. :lol:

At least MSNBC has real Republicans like Pat Buchanan on their shows and not douchebags like Hannity and weak wristed Democrats like Colmes and Lanny Davis... :puke:

Lol at Sue and others. Keith is great. And yeah his numbers are getting higher and higher, two weeks ago he actually surpassed O'Reilly. :lol:

At least MSNBC has real Republicans like Pat Buchanan on their shows and not douchebags like Hannity and weak wristed Democrats like Colmes and Lanny Davis... :puke:

As a republican, Buchanan always seemed way whacko crazy to me. But to clarify, I prefer the business ideology of the GOP, not the whackjob lunatic christian anti abortion side.

Keith though, still strikes me as a lunatic. look at his eyes in one of his diatribes...glazed over in rage!

apples and oranges. you cant compare the two.

'American Idol' is an entertainment show.
we're talking about news programs. people who watch news programs arent watching to be entertained. they watch for the quality and reliability of the information.

Wait, Hannity and O'Reily are news? I'm sorry, I thought it was entertainment to watch the two of them get all angry and flustered, especially Hannity with his big Irish potato-head babbling about liberals all day. Sorry, that's 'entertainment', not news.

Bill O'Reily= Tolerable in small doses
Sean Hannity= Big potato-head piece of shit. Bigtime.

And I'm not a 'liberal', either. Just someone with a brain.

@ SueNC

"Hamlet", Act III, Sc.2, (line 242) which occurs during the performance of the play-within-the-play. Hamlet asks the Queen, his mother, "Madam, how like you this play?" and she replies, referring to the queen in the play
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Jerry Springer and Geraldo Rivera both had talk shows with high ratings back in the day, and that was some QUALITY programming, let me tell you. :lol:

OH WAIT, FEAUX NEWS ACTUALLY HIRED GERALDO AS A "LEGITIMATE" JOURNALIST!!!! That was just after Springer turned them down. And let's not forget we (I say we because I was in the military at the time) kicked his goofy ass out of Iraq for divulging movements ON AIR. They should've beaten him about the head and neck.

The point is, people who watched Springer and Geraldo were idiots. Just because a show has high ratings doesn't mean the audience is a bunch of rocket scientists. It just means they're ignorant sheep with short attention spans who need constant stimulation to keep the drool cup under their mouth, and they provide that stimulation with controversy, lashing out at guests, over-the-top accusations, and so forth. Feaux News does the same.

Bill O'Reilly is entertainment, that's all. Did anyone forget where the guy came from? INSIDE EDITION? Hello? I disagree with most of what he says and agree with very little (although he has uttered a nugget of truth before), but he's just a xenophobic neo-con that appeals to the lower tier of society.

Olberman (I think that's his name, I've only caught his bullshit once or twice) is just as bad, but only on the opposite end of the spectrum. Idiocy spans the full spectrum of political media.