Kemper Profiling Amp

Here is what it says on the site:

This is a Mesa profile with an physical tubescreamer before the Kemper Input:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhC9TXRO7Os

Dude the clips sounds fucking great!!!

From the clips I've heard the Kemper gets you 90-95% identical to the original sound, and the issues that have been raised by some (the low end not being dynamic & thumpy enough) is something that will be filtered out and covered up by the bass and kick in the mix anyway!

Fuck it, I think I'm going to GC this afternoon and negotiate that bitch and get it into my hands. This forum is awesome.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr not...

Was at GC, cash in hand, ready to strike a deal, only to be told that this unit would not be available until October 15 at the earliest. Grrr.

Fortunately Sweetwater had it, and in black no less. I probably spent a couple extra bills but GAS is now tempered.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr not...

Was at GC, cash in hand, ready to strike a deal, only to be told that this unit would not be available until October 15 at the earliest. Grrr.

Fortunately Sweetwater had it, and in black no less. I probably spent a couple extra bills but GAS is now tempered.

Should've called/emailed them.

Sweetwater is usually always willing to give you 10-15% off, just gotta talk em down.

Or you could've just signed up for Zzound's newsletter, then immediately canceled it and used the 10% off coupon on the Kemper... Or bought the Warehouse Resealed one they have on there for $1664.95 ;)

I own one, and love it. Best gear purchase I've made in a long time. Totally worth it!
The thing about the TS is, they say there's something about the circuitry of TS-type boosts that doesn't translate well in the profiling process. But the thing is, you don't have to profile your amp with the TS in front. The KPA captures your amp as it is, and after, you're free to use a modeled TS in the Kemper, or you can put your own TS in between your guitar and the KPA. I tend to just use the Kemper's TS model, as it sounds and works great, but I've tried it with my OD808 in front, and it takes the boost perfectly. It's only for the profiling that you're not supposed to use a TS. Amp only!

I would easily pay $2,000 a to be able to do the following:

1. Find a good guitar tone with my 5150/Krank/etc mic’d up at full volume into my DAW
2. Sample this tone
3. Reamp through a profiling amp with an identical tone, thus saving my neighbors many hours of loud reamping.

Can the Kemper Profiling Amp do this? I am still not clear on how good it is. I suppose I’ll have to just try one out first.
$2,000 would be a small price to pay to be able to reamp an entire album late at night.

Genius Gone Insane,

You are totally mindfucked right now because yesterday you got exactly what you asked for. You shit yourself when you played through the Liquid Metal setting because you thought you were playing through a real rectifier. Then you brought out your 5150II and profiled it. Then you shit the rest of your remnants out because it sounds real fucking close to the real fucking thing. You need diapers. In fact, this purchase has you talking to yourself on the Internet.

Sincerely,

Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane,

You are totally mindfucked right now because yesterday you got exactly what you asked for. You shit yourself when you played through the Liquid Metal setting because you thought you were playing through a real rectifier. Then you brought out your 5150II and profiled it. Then you shit the rest of your remnants out because it sounds real fucking close to the real fucking thing. You need diapers. In fact, this purchase has you talking to yourself on the Internet.

Sincerely,

Genius Gone Insane

Damn, now I really have to buy one of these.

Jeff, you'll be happy. The low end is clearly different than the amp you are profiling -- be ready for that. But the rest is shocking. It is damn near identical. I did not do any profile refining on the brief test I did yesterday, so apparently I can get it even closer. The one thing, without question, is that this sounds like a real amp. I am still totally shocked at what I experienced yesterday, testing it out for the first time. I A/Bed vs. my best Pod preset and it made the Pod sound like it came out of a cracker jack box.

I have not played with any of the user profiles available on the Kemper web site. Will do after I update the firmware.

Damn some seriously great sounds there! In fact I found myself thinking a couple of times "damn I really want a (insert amp name here) after hearing that clip" and then about 2 seconds later realising "wait that's not the amp, they're profiles you twat!"
I've been hankering to get my amp collection back up again (just got a couple of Jet City's at the moment) but this is REALLY making me think about just grabbing a Kemper instead.

Btw, I fucking HATE it when people do daft shreddy/tappy stuff in order to demo the sound of an amp!

Just to make sure I understand, you can use this without a cab if you want? I'm seriously tempted if that's right.