Kemper Profiling Amp

Now if it just had a matching eq like the Axefx, it would have...well...everything! I love my kemper!

Owners of the original Kemper Profiler will be able to purchase the Amp Upgrade for a price TBA. It is required to send the Profiler to he manufacturer to install the amp safely.
WTF!

Now if it just had a matching eq like the Axefx, it would have...well...everything! I love my kemper!

WTF!

Well since you can load IR's into the system now you should be able to match EQ tones with the Kemper also. Can you get the cabless raw signal out of the Kemper into your DAW?

Personally I think the whole tone-match craze is boring and kinda ridiculous and don't need that at all in the KPA - but to each their own.

Well since you can load IR's into the system now you should be able to match EQ tones with the Kemper also. Can you get the cabless raw signal out of the Kemper into your DAW?

I know there are work around ways to get this done with IR's or putting a match eq in the signal chain when profiling , but would be cool to have the feature built into the kemper.

bought some weeks ago, incredible piece of gear.
All the story regarding the "stack" sounding the same is true, especially on high gain sounds.
Don't get me wrong, with the "cab on" every patch is different, each has its own sound.
On the other hand on every high gain patch, if you switch the cab off, the distortion sounds similar to other high gain patches.
I guess when you profile an amp it creates distortion with a single algorithm and then it applies a matching algorithm to get close to the distorted tone.
If I switch the cab off and use the monitor output into the return of my dual rectifier, all distortions sound the same.
Try it yourself
All the tone is really inside the cab simulation.

bought some weeks ago, incredible piece of gear.
All the story regarding the "stack" sounding the same is true, especially on high gain sounds.
Don't get me wrong, with the "cab on" every patch is different, each has its own sound.
On the other hand on every high gain patch, if you switch the cab off, the distortion sounds similar to other high gain patches.
I guess when you profile an amp it creates distortion with a single algorithm and then it applies a matching algorithm to get close to the distorted tone.
If I switch the cab off and use the monitor output into the return of my dual rectifier, all distortions sound the same.
Try it yourself
All the tone is really inside the cab simulation.

as a kemper owner for nearly one year now, i disagree.

although the kemper isn't very accurate with some amps (especially diezels in my experience), you can still hear that the gain characteristic is quite different between profiles.

i'm sure that in your case the sound will be very similar 'in the room' since you're mostly 'hearing' the recto's poweramp through a cab. tone coming from the preamp alone is very often overestimated, imo.

as a kemper owner for nearly one year now, i disagree.

although the kemper isn't very accurate with some amps (especially diezels in my experience), you can still hear that the gain characteristic is quite different between profiles.

i'm sure that in your case the sound will be very similar 'in the room' since you're mostly 'hearing' the recto's poweramp through a cab. tone coming from the preamp alone is very often overestimated, imo.

I did a test profiling only the preamp sections of my mesa and JCM800, believe me when I have the jcm800 profile with the gain dimed it sounds very similar to the rectifier. I'm talking about the kemper as a preamp into my rectifier hooked to a cab.

I did a test profiling only the preamp sections of my mesa and JCM800, believe me when I have the jcm800 profile with the gain dimed it sounds very similar to the rectifier. I'm talking about the kemper as a preamp into my rectifier hooked to a cab.

well, in that case i agree with you.

maxing out the gain on most profiles sounds nothing like the real counterpart. it rather has its own characteristic and makes most high-gain profiles sound similar and not much like a real amp. in fact, many of the amp profiles with a lot of gain (over 2-3 o'clock) sounds quite mushy and not much like an overgained real amp.

I made a quick demonstration of the profiling. I've got this thing yesterday and I'm happy with it by far. The sound is not 100% the same but it's very close, the character is definitely there. There's a lil' bit more of an attack in the profile and I have to say I dig it a bit more than the original amp.

Here you can download the profile if you like. It's not the same that is on the video (the master volume here is around 3, in the video it was around 0,5 so there's a huge difference):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13715654/Kemper/VHT SigX Musza - 2013-01-26 18-27-05.kipr

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a quick demonstration of the profiling. I've got this thing yesterday and I'm happy with it by far. The sound is not 100% the same but it's very close, the character is definitely there. There's a lil' bit more of an attack in the profile and I have to say I dig it a bit more than the original amp.

Here you can download the profile if you like. It's not the same that is on the video (the master volume here is around 3, in the video it was around 0,5 so there's a huge difference):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13715654/Kemper/VHT SigX Musza - 2013-01-26 18-27-05.kipr

That sounds fucking killer dude!

I actually like the Kemper more