Kemper Profiling Amp

even though I am not in the best financial situation and have other things I need to also buy, should I just be horribly irresponsible and just get the kemper on zzounds with the 4 payment option?

Dude, use your ears and experiment. Asking for his exact settings wont work anyway as you have different guitar/pickups/pick/fingers
Ah, that modern preset curse that is plaguing the music world where so many think if they just can get a preset it will sound the same for them and everything will be so fine:err:

It's got so bad man. Go check out the Chango forum on facebook. Everyone asks the same fucking shit:

What impulse is the best?
What pickups are the best?
What's the best bass VST? (because no one actually records bass anymore)
What's the best amp sim?
What's the best vocal compressor?
Who's the best mastering engineer?
What's the best sauce for my burger?

Uniformity masquerading as perfection. And a total fear of actually making a decision or creating a sound. Just ask everyone else what to use and copy them.

Also don't forgot the obligatory "GO!" at the end of any of these questions, and major overuse of the word "bro"

Ah, that modern preset curse that is plaguing the music world where so many think if they just can get a preset it will sound the same for them and everything will be so fine:err:

yes that correct. im using blackouts in a gibson thunderhorse, hay play hard. but i can get that tight tone from kemper.

This morning I had a bit time to try out some new profiles.
Ending up doing some test clips. Same one as last time but now there are quad-tracked guitars.

Jaden Rose Custom w Dimarzio X2n -->KPA--2xUberschall + 2x EVH 5150 III->B12a-->Saffire 56.

Mix:

Backing:

Guitars:

Postprocessing:
Screen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone done a Kemper clip that isn't like... br00tz death metal tones, but more of an organic sounding thing? Ala; Tool, Cult of Luna, Mastodon, High on Fire, ... more Marshally stuff and less Tubescreamer in front of a Boogie stuff??

Has anyone done a Kemper clip that isn't like... br00tz death metal tones, but more of an organic sounding thing? Ala; Tool, Cult of Luna, Mastodon, High on Fire, ... more Marshally stuff and less Tubescreamer in front of a Boogie stuff??

Here is a You Tube clip I did with a basic JCM800 profile that I really dig. Fairly low gain for these parts. It lets my guitar sing. You can hear the pick attack too.

So I just had a weird thing happen. I just walked into my music room and my Kemper, set to the 'off' position, was lit up bright red. The display didn't read anything, just red. Has anyone else experienced this? I was pretty well freaked out. I flicked it to the 'on' position and it loaded normally, and then it powered down fine....but it has me a bit worried.

I've had this happen a couple of times. If it happens, it happens right after turning it off, so just wait a second for it to shut down before leaving the room. I did the same thing, turned it back on, then off again. Haven't seen any negative effects from it, and I don't know why it happens. Happened maybe 3 times to me in the 9 months that I've had it.

So I just had a weird thing happen. I just walked into my music room and my Kemper, set to the 'off' position, was lit up bright red. The display didn't read anything, just red. Has anyone else experienced this? I was pretty well freaked out. I flicked it to the 'on' position and it loaded normally, and then it powered down fine....but it has me a bit worried.
Had the same problem occasionally and had to turn it on again and off. But after the last update I have not experienced any problems.

Here is a You Tube clip I did with a basic JCM800 profile that I really dig. Fairly low gain for these parts. It lets my guitar sing. You can hear the pick attack too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzI1Mm5z9o

Very nice dude! Nice playing and really nice tone. Was the direct tone using the same cab+mics?? I hear quite a difference between the two. Nothing bad you understand, but different.

Not as heavy as what you're looking for, but this was Tele -> JCM800 model.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/392637/MP3/Writing/Pop Punk/Nov25Stratthing.mp3

Again, really nice tones. Any details on the cab+mic?? Also Jeff, am I thinking wrong, but did you profile a Satriani JVM, or do demos for TAF recently??? I swear I read that.

If I uploaded a DI, would anyone like to play around with it through their Kemper??

It's got so bad man. Go check out the Chango forum on facebook. Everyone asks the same fucking shit:

What impulse is the best?
What pickups are the best?
What's the best bass VST? (because no one actually records bass anymore)
What's the best amp sim?
What's the best vocal compressor?
Who's the best mastering engineer?
What's the best sauce for my burger?

Uniformity masquerading as perfection. And a total fear of actually making a decision or creating a sound. Just ask everyone else what to use and copy them.

Also don't forgot the obligatory "GO!" at the end of any of these questions, and major overuse of the word "bro"

One of the best responses I ever saw on-line to a "how do you get a good guitar tone with sims" question went something like this, "I just use whatever sounds good."

Still some sims do sound better for certain musical applications than others, so giving a little helpful advice sometimes doesn't hurt either.

One thing I can say from personal experience is this get to know your sims. Record them as much as possible until you become acutely aware of what all their relative strengths and weaknesses are. Honestly, nothing is more frustrating than trying to get a certain tone out of a sim that just wasn't designed to make it.

had the same thing for a couple of times too

This morning I had a bit time to try out some new profiles.
Ending up doing some test clips. Same one as last time but now there are quad-tracked guitars.

Jaden Rose Custom w Dimarzio X2n -->KPA--2xUberschall + 2x EVH 5150 III->B12a-->Saffire 56.

Mix:

Backing:

Guitars:

Postprocessing:
Screen.jpg

thats steven slate vst get a better sound only in guitars or only works for final mix?

I wouldn't mind one of these without all the profiler stuff I'd rarely use. There are enough profiles out there to feed the whole mankind for 3 centuries. I'd use one "profile-loader" live and reharsing, I still like tube amps more for recording.

Rack "loader": more simple, cheaper, less problems. Win-win. Give me a shout when ready.