Keyboards in Metal

metalpest

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2003
so cal
Visit site
I've been listening to a lot of Imperanon lately and really enjoying it. I would like to find another heavy band with lots of fast keyboarding and soloing like Imperanon or Children of Bodom. Any suggestions?

Kalmah, Norther, Threshold, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Skyfire, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow. Dragonforce etc. Loads of bands have it nowadays

Yes, keyboards are becoming very popular. Check out Nightwish (Oceanborn and Wishmaster albums for the most keyboard usage) and check out Sonata Arctica. They include multiple keys and guitar solos in each song.

How come Stratovarius is not mentioned?

This guy, could give any other keyboard player mentioned here, a hard time.

johansson5.jpg

I do like Stratovarius, but I'm looking for something more extreme. Fast keys like strato but with more extreme guitars and vocals, like what Imperanon has done.

Kalmah and Norther are alright, but they never really wowed me. I may just give them another spin to see if things have changed.

metalpest said:
I do like Stratovarius, but I'm looking for something more extreme. Fast keys like strato but with more extreme guitars and vocals, like what Imperanon has done.

Kalmah and Norther are alright, but they never really wowed me. I may just give them another spin to see if things have changed.

yea dude, Imperanon is great. Although im not sure if you would like their newer stuff. Its a tad different.. but then again all ive heard is demos so nothing is studio recorded.

Lemons said:
yea dude, Imperanon is great. Although im not sure if you would like their newer stuff. Its a tad different.. but then again all ive heard is demos so nothing is studio recorded.
Teemu joining the band now and all I see no doubt in that they have changed.. how are the guitars? faster, more sweeps, and more advanced maybe? :D can you by any chance send me those demos? :)