KFM: complete POD mix, incl Backing, DIs, POD Presets..Merry Xmas

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I know this will get some of your undies wet....

I've just Created a POD equivalent of each of the guitarsounds I used for Killfloor Mechanic's "The End Of Madness".

That is:
Rhythm Guitars (original: Earforce)
Crunch Guits (original: JMP2203)
Melody (original: 6505)
Solo (original: Soldano)

I came quite close , without any post processing, only the Earforce (or rather what was supposed to sound like Earforce) needed a little bit of post EQ, it'll sound good without any post EQ though, that one is just if you wanna get closer to the original Mix...
I used only the standard models, so even if you don't have the MetalShop AddOn you'll be able to use these presets and replicate my Sound.

Here's the POD version of the song (every single guitar was reamped through the POD XT Pro, using only the supplied presets):

you can download the zip from the link in the yt description

That folder contains:
The full POD version of the mix
All the POD presets
The Waves Q8 preset for the RH Guits Post EQ
A Screenshot of said post EQ (in case you don't have the plug)
All the DI tracks
The backing (everything but the guitars)
The lyrics
Guitar Pro tabs will be added in future updates

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Lasse
Always nice to work with a great mix and DIs.
I re-amped thru Radial X-Amp>TS808>Triple Recto>Recto Cab>57>API for the main L/R guitars.
Mesa MK4 for other guitars.
Bit of EQ on the way in (A&H Zed-R16)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2133088/Lasse_KFM_MIX.mp3
GTR_EQ.png

Jesus! 200 dollars!? I'm thinking about picking up one of those in the future. I want to compare it to my HD500.

yes, ESP Eclipse with EMG81

Thanks.
I thought so.
I switched the 81 in my esp mi for a Duncan sh-11 and couldn't be happier.
My eclipse custom is next for an emg to Duncan swap.
I find it really hard to get the cones moving on mutes with emgs.
Duncans seem the saturate better in low end and sound fatter to me.
Are the dis completely unprocessed on this or is there eq or anything on the way in or post?

As per my previous post, I couldn't get a sound out of these DIs.
I imported a DI from my last session where I used my ESP MI with SH-11 Duncan Custom Custom and match EQed the session DI to it.
Holy high mids batman!
There was hardly anything below 200 and a massive wide peak centred around 2.5k on the EMG DIs compared to the Duncan.
EMG%3ESH-11_MATCH_EQ.png

I am amazed that there could be that much difference.
I have recorded EMG plenty of times and never had that much low cut or mid boost with them compared to passives. Could this be caused by low battery maybe?
I retracked with the DIs match EQed and straight away it sounded much better.
The speakers were compressing on the mutes and the scratchiness I couldn't get rid of was now absent. I also used LA-610 pre instead of API to get more squishiness.
I only retracked the main L/R guitars
Happy with this now.
TS808>Triple Rectifier>Recto cab>57>LA-610
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2133088/Lasse_KFM_MIX_V3.mp3

^ I just took a lot of these DIs included in the pack. Compared it to the DIs in http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/711085-lasse-mago-di-pack-real-drums-backingtrack.html and they are very similar. So I looked up what pickup MAGO used and he indeed uses emg-81 as well. So at least now we know this is a pick-up deal. Everybody seemed to love mago's DIs, maybe you should REAMP some of MAGOs Di and see what you get. I also have an EMG in my Jackson and compared one of my DIs to this di in the pack and they are similar. MICKRICH do you mind posting one of your DIs so i can take a look at what you mean.

Here is the file I used for the match EQ.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2133088/ESP_MI_SH-11_bip.wav
Lower tuning but shouldn't make too much difference to the overall frequency curve.

Match_eq_LasseMago_pack.png

I match EQed Lasse's DIs to the Lasse/Mago pack DIs just now and you are right. They are very similar so maybe I just don't like 81s.
The Duncan SH-11 sounds fantastic to me compared to EMGs.
I originally had an 81 in the MI but couldn't get rid of the scratchiness so that would make sense.