Khoma - The Second Wave

DirgeForNovember

Child Of Entropia
May 1, 2004
Why does nobody talk about the release of this masterpiece? To me it's the only album of 2006 that comes close to the brilliantness of TGCD and that has the same emotional impact on me like the older Katatonia-records. I adored Tsunami, but this one is even better. :headbang:

Imagine the desperate and crushing atomsphere of Katatonia crossed with the heaviness of Cult Of Luna, add some beautiful post-rock-influences and haunting clean vocals and you get the idea. Simply incredible.

Oh yes, their new album is really amazing, though 'the Second Wave" has some tracks from their debut on, I mean not really new material, but who cares anyway?! The sound and production are much better now, I guess those few songs have been remastered.
One of the highlights of 2006 indeed.

Checking it out now. Sounding good. Perhaps the best Kata-sounding band out there. (Not much of a competition...)

Better or as good as TGCD?? Oh well.. Especially the vocalmelodies doesn't come near Jonas Renkses genius.

opethpainter said:
...and too bad i missed them @ the closeup festival in stockholm some days ago.

Their gig at close up festival was absolutly breathtaking I must say!!! I even nearly missed the Katatonia gig which began right after Khoma in the other venue about 1 km away, but I was lucky- Katatonia were a bit delayed ;)
I'll definitely buy the Khoma album very soon although the songs I heard on the net are only something like very good compared to the excellent magic of their live performance.