Kick Ass Female Screamers?

Scissorsandmilk

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2011
I think Angela Gossow is fucking overrated. I've never really heard any female screamers I really liked, until the other night I was in Colorado Springs and saw this band Alabaster Morgue with a female who did back ups on keys. Chelsea, I think. DUDE. She sounds like fucking evil. HAHA. So my favorites are going to have to be her and Dominique Perci from Stolen Babies, even if they're just strange and not really death metal. But yeah. Check them out. And let me know who your favorite female screamers are!:headbang:

Masha from Arkona. She simply has an amazing and unique voice.

Then there's Darkestrah:

And Izegrim:

Last edited by a moderator:
Astarte's old vocalist was great, their first 3 albums were immense!

Also Anguished (one woman band) has some insane screams (not to everyone's taste):

is Dawn Crosby a "screamer?" she is KICK ASS for sure

Zhao from Be Persecuted, fuck yeah Asia

and a little-known local band from Fukuoka, Evil Choir. she's about 4'11 and 85 lbs but she's a goddamn powerhouse

http://46.xmbs.jp/EVILCHOIR/

Sorry guys, mine beats you all.

Alyssa White-Gluz, Canadian born in Montreal.

One of the hottest females in metal, and one of the best screamers

Nothing personal about you or your country, but I really don't think The Agonist is all that great (Otep, Kittie similar alternate vocals, watered down guitar sound etc). Just has a generic sound and the female vocals simply aren't something special or particularly 'strong' sounding (while the clear ones sound purely horrible imo - really nasally and whiney - it makes me cringe).

I do think the gal looks great, though. Maybe she'll work on her vocals and have better stuf later, who knows But simply, for better or worse, her vocals are not better than Angela Gossow, for example.

Since Angela was bought into discussion, there is one thing that she does better than most female(and male) vocals: she has a great stage presence. And I don't see too many metal singers that really attract attention and gets you absorbed into their persona too often.

It might also be because she is the most well known female growler, and presented an amount of novelty in the fact that she is female. Anyway the reaction was 'holy shit!' when you saw her live a few years ago.

Oh, forgot Hanzel und Gretyl. Although I'm not much of an industrial fan, she has a good voice that goes well with what they do:

If you think all female vocals suck, then why are you people on this thread really? Not very mature.
I don't think female vocals are better than male ones either, but certainly some are good.

If you think all female vocals suck, then why are you people on this thread really? Not very mature.

Thread title:

Kick Ass Female Screamers?
My answer, and opinion, none really exist. That seems fairly on topic.

alternative:

fuck you.

Since Angela was bought into discussion, there is one thing that she does better than most female(and male) vocals: she has a great stage presence. And I don't see too many metal singers that really attract attention and gets you absorbed into their persona too often.

It might also be because she is the most well known female growler, and presented an amount of novelty in the fact that she is female. Anyway the reaction was 'holy shit!' when you saw her live a few years ago.

Agreed 100%. I don't care much for Arch Enemy's music, but I totally respect the strength Gossow puts into her work. I think her work ethic is fantastic.

I sawe them a few years ago and couldn't take my eyes off her, she really draws you in with her presence onstage, she is metal as fuck.