Kick drum mixing question

Troy[DrownMary]

Brutal, just Brutal!!!!
May 9, 2003
Seattle, WA.
www.drownmary.com
Hey Andy, we are in the process of doing some kick drum mixing. We are using Pro Tools Digi001. We keep getting a boomy sound after we get what we think sounds good on the kick drum. I also use a kick drum trigger, is there any special eq settings or certain plug ins that we should try out. Any info you could supply us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Troy (drummer, Drown Mary)
www.drownmary.com
www.jagermusic.com
www.redbullusa.com

Hey Troy, that's how I mix the kick... me and my clients are satisfied with the results...
roll of at 50hz and boost at around 90/100, cut at around 800/1K and boost at around 3/4K...
I use analog channel AC1 on insert 1, ren eq-4 band and ren comp following the AC1...

jeronimo said:
Hey Troy, that's how I mix the kick... me and my clients are satisfied with the results...
roll of at 50hz and boost at around 90/100, cut at around 800/1K and boost at around 3/4K...
I use analog channel AC1 on insert 1, ren eq-4 band and ren comp following the AC1...

Hey Jeronimo, thanks for the info. We will try and apply this and see what we can get out of it. I'll let you know how it turned out. Thanks again.

:lol: yeh that poor girl is someone's sister!!! for shame......

i got a similar problem mixing a kick drum when i think i boosted too much low end on the way into the recorder :ill: i know, cardinal sin!!!! trouble is it was directly beneath the good sounding natural low frequencies of the kick, so i had to a really tighten the Q-values and boost around 90 and really cut at around 70. just about did the trick but i think i sacrificed a bit of character...... doh!

you live and learn....