Kick Your Teeth In Metal Song of the Day

dill_the_devil said:
I'm giving Perfect Mansions a listen, even though I've violently hated everything I've ever heard by Virgin Steele.

EDIT: 7 minutes in, and it's doing nothing to change my mind... nah, this is boring as everything else I've heard.

:erk: There is no hope for you. I would recommend not listening to metal.

dill_the_devil said:
Nah, I just won't bother listening to lazy, pompous, bombast-free emascu-metal instead. Seriously, fuck Virgin Steele. In fact, if anyone wants my promo copies of The Book Of Burning and Hymns To Victory, they're welcome to 'em.

LOL, I wasnt being that serious compadre. Virgin Steele is one of my favourite bands though, and the mainman David Defeis is probably one of the most genius metal composers, in my opinion. But Im not a nazi about music, I just happen to have like, the exact opposite opinion from you in this case :lol:.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
LOL, I wasnt being that serious compadre. Virgin Steele is one of my favourite bands though, and the mainman David Defeis is probably one of the most genius metal composers, in my opinion. But Im not a nazi about music, I just happen to have like, the exact opposite opinion from you in this case :lol:.

:lol: Me neither dude, trust me. Although if you (or anyone else) does want to take the aforementioned discs from me, PM me with your address and I'll send 'em on. :)

I dunno what it is with me and Virgin Steele - there's something about them that just makes me lose interest in what they're doing approximately 20 seconds into any given one of their songs. I'm willing to be proven wrong, however, if anyone finds a track I can actually stand. :D

Not sure to post in the appropriate thread but I'm discovering a band (total hazardous by seeking some russian stuff with soulseek...)
It's called Russian Circles DAMNED it rocks ! :headbang:

Simply, Russian Circles is a three piece instrumental band from Chicago. It would be tough to imagine that a band would be able to develop its own unique presence and innovation with such solid groundwork in the instrumental genre.

However, Russian Circles does bring something new to the table. Their songs feel incredibly narrative and linear. There is no angular flash or mathematical flair. These songs stream through themes and by no means build on just one repeating idea. They are gargantuan in scope. They flow seamlessly from beautiful soft ambience to truly defined melody to massively thick heaviness with a gradual progression that never leaves you lost. Variety is no gimmick and they are a band that does not just vacillate within an achieved sonic identity.

Newborns as of late last year when guitarist, Mike Sullivan and bassist, Colin DeKuiper saw their previous instrumental band, Dakota/Dakota come to a halt. With mounds of ambition and ideas still to produce they quickly contracted drummer, Dave Turncrantz who was willing to leave his residence in the St. Louis band, Riddle of Steel. Playing, practicing, and writing became relentless and incessant giving Russian Circles a maturity one would not expect from a fledgling band.

here will you find a mp3 >> http://www.russiancircles.net/?go=media
(I can megaupload for those who are interested in listening more of this music)

edit : they got some sense of humor. in the contact page you can read :
"Groupies: myspace.com/russiancircles" :lol:

Here's a Witchcraft Bootleg from this year's Roadburn Festival. There's a new song on it as well called "If Crimson Was Your Color" from the upcoming album due next year. Excellent sound quality.

Songlist:
1. Witchcraft
2. Chylde of Fire
3. Lady Winter
4. Schyssta Lögner
5. Mr. Haze
6. The Snake
7. If Crimson Was Your Color
8. No Angel or Demon
9. Queen of Bees
10. Sorrow Evoker
11. Her Sisters They Were Weak

dill_the_devil said:
:lol: Me neither dude, trust me. Although if you (or anyone else) does want to take the aforementioned discs from me, PM me with your address and I'll send 'em on. :)

I dunno what it is with me and Virgin Steele - there's something about them that just makes me lose interest in what they're doing approximately 20 seconds into any given one of their songs. I'm willing to be proven wrong, however, if anyone finds a track I can actually stand. :D

Its cool, I could probably recommend songs all day long, but if the tracks you've heard have done nothing for you its probably just not your cup of tea.

Ha, what's a song? Seriously, I haven't listened to music for DAAAYYYS. I don't have time to sit down and enjoy it, so there's no point.

Hmm, glad to see this thread back in action. I like the stuff in here right now

Danalieshk said:
here will you find a mp3 >> http://www.russiancircles.net/?go=media
(I can megaupload for those who are interested in listening more of this music)

edit : they got some sense of humor. in the contact page you can read :
"Groupies: myspace.com/russiancircles" :lol:

Killer band, though if you're looking for kick your teeth in metal you may be disappointed...