KICKSTARTER for Ragnarokkr 2014

Olórin's set was. We should off that to whoever donates $5,000. Special super limited edition with blood and semen from each band member. Released on 8 track only.

Yeah, this is where I get a bit skeptical.......

If the Kick Starter pulls through, a good percentage of that is going to go towards paying for all the promised goodies.

You are absolutely right. About half (a little less) goes to goodies and band cuts. It's better than asking for money for nothing....like a merch table or store, but with an actual purpose. It pays for the venue at least, so one less huge cost I don't have to worry about at the end of the day. I hated adding the 2014 tickets to it. It completely defeats the purpose.

You are absolutely right. About half (a little less) goes to goodies and band cuts. It's better than asking for money for nothing....like a merch table or store, but with an actual purpose. It pays for the venue at least, so one less huge cost I don't have to worry about at the end of the day. I hated adding the 2014 tickets to it. It completely defeats the purpose.

YOu know I am totally behind the fest and using Kickstarter.
I know you didnt take to kindly to my comments in the other thread.

The main point was that I wonder if some folks haven't kicked in because they may think, "Oh, cool. They are booking bands already. They probably don't need my pledge"

Anyhoo, cool to see we are getting close!

Kickstarter is a funny beast. I funded a music video with my newest band on Indiegogo (Same concept) and we got most of our pledges in the first week, and then in the final few days. In the middle there was a huge lull. I'll be surprised if Ragnarokkr doesn't reach the goal in the end.

Kickstarter is a funny beast. I funded a music video with my newest band on Indiegogo (Same concept) and we got most of our pledges in the first week, and then in the final few days. In the middle there was a huge lull. I'll be surprised if Ragnarokkr doesn't reach the goal in the end.

I agree. i wouldn't be surprised in the least if there's a massive surge right before the deadline. Not saying the fest should rely on that, just saying.

Just pledged $30 since someone cancelled their pledge. How do I tell Odin what size I want my shirt?

Once the kickstarter is complete again, you'll probably get an email asking about size. That blows people pulled their pledge. I wonder if they did that due to it being over, which is even more lame.