Kid thinks it's weird for girls to like heavy music

Females listen to Metal Music, its fine and not weird at all, it is rap music that is a bit sissy for females.

Given Rusty Water's theory that rap music and style is essentially an elaborately disguised pseudo-masculine homosexual subculture, it would be strange for women to actually like it. His theory also quite neatly explains the levels of misogyny in rap music - it's not just because they're horny and stupid; it's an ingenious but strangely ineffective device for driving women away.

As to women and metal, you do have to question what kind of chick wants to go to a gig packed largely with sweat dripping males awkwardly and sweatily vying for her attention.

Last edited:
Heavy metal is one of the most homoerotic subcultures around, yet women flock to it.
What is noteworthy is the kind of women both subcultures attract.

Both hip hop and heavy metal are misogynistic in parts, yet they still attract women, because the average person doesn't actually care or pay that much attention to lyrics. Then you also have to factor in artists within both subcultures that don't have misogynistic lyrics as well as female artists within both subcultures.

Hip hop happens to have a lot of female participation.

Wait, when you say heavy metal do you mean metal on the whole, or specifically like mainstream 80's hair metal type stuff? Because while a lot of women like(d) the latter, I doubt if more than 5% of the people who buy genuine metal albums and go to shows now are women. While that's still quite a lot of women, it's pretty damn low as a proportion.

Well sure, metal subculture is still very male, women flock more to other genres, but female participation is definitely increasing quite rapidly in metal.

And I meant heavy metal as in the broad, all metal, meaning.

Heavy metal is one of the most homoerotic subcultures around, yet women flock to it.
What is noteworthy is the kind of women both subcultures attract.

Both hip hop and heavy metal are misogynistic in parts, yet they still attract women, because the average person doesn't actually care or pay that much attention to lyrics. Then you also have to factor in artists within both subcultures that don't have misogynistic lyrics as well as female artists within both subcultures.

Hip hop happens to have a lot of female participation.

You find Heavy metal to be homoerotic??

For the most of them, Females dont get too serious about music genres. The most of them like all sorts of music and quite often couldnt name a member of a band that they say they like ( not always but quite often ). Females are more into soap operas and drinking wine every night whilst blagging that they work hard.

You find Heavy metal to be homoerotic??
Why else do you think he likes it?

For the most of them, Females dont get too serious about music genres. The most of them like all sorts of music and quite often couldnt name a member of a band that they say they like ( not always but quite often ). Females are more into soap operas and drinking wine every night whilst blagging that they work hard.
Substitute beer for wine and sports for soap operas and that's an exact description of your average male.

Most males are only good at burning the shit out of a frozen pizza at like 3 oclock in the morning after drinking ale.

First off in order to prove your point you will have to show me a female guitarist bassist or drummer who is good or who is in ANY significant band. Singing does not count.

Depends on your very subjective definition of what "teh truu metal" is. There will never be a definite answer for most metalheads.
IRON MAIDENS all girl band, drummer, 2 lead guitarist, Bassist and singer.

I have no problem with homoeroticism.

Judas Priest rule.
Not to mention, metal's badass fashion? All those killer spikes, studs, and leather jackets? Were drawn from Rob Halford's and the rest of the band's tendency to wear gay fetish gear on stage. As long as they're good people and I think their music kicks ass? I really can't be bothered to give a flying fuck which gender they're diddling in their spare time.

Most males are only good at burning the shit out of a frozen pizza at like 3 oclock in the morning after drinking ale.
It's like you speak in nothing but vapid, platitudinous generalizations not borne out by really much of anything save your own nonsensical presumption.

Not to mention, metal's badass fashion? All those killer spikes, studs, and leather jackets? Were drawn from Rob Halford's and the rest of the band's tendency to wear gay fetish gear on stage. As long as they're good people and I think their music kicks ass? I really can't be bothered to give a flying fuck which gender they're diddling in their spare time.

Agreed, though homoeroticism =/= homosexuality.

For example Manowar are very homoerotic, but certainly not homosexual.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
The whole "buncha queers fucking wimps" mentality as they oil up their bodies and pose half-naked with swords, haha.
I think that sort of mentality is reserved for effeminate jackoffs and fruitcakes, not homosexuals so much. Rob Halford is gay, but he's manlier than all hell, i.e. he's gay, but not a fruitcake. Boy George is gay and a total fruit.