Kid thinks it's weird for girls to like heavy music

ILoveCheesecake

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2016
thecanadianpotato.tumblr.com
This kid had the nerve to post on a Chelsea Grin video that he can't imagine girls listening to heavy music. When I asked why he said this: "because women are sweet and men are violent by nature"

First of all, no. It's not 1370 anymore. Second, a toilet can make heavier music than any deathcore band.
Just wanted to get this off my chest, and know what others think of this bullshit.

Reactions: LOUD METAL
>expecting intelligent commentary from youtube comments

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-12.gif

Reactions: Noa. and CiG
I know several girls who like heavy metal. Actually, more girls at my school like heavy metal than boys. Girls who like metal turn me on.

Reactions: Dan Bass
Girls? Like metal? How dare you... oh... wait.

Girls like all kinds of weird shit, metal included. That's what makes them special.

Or Special Ed can make them special too. o_O

It is very weird for girls to PLAY metal as they are not very good at it, but of course heavy metal is one of the greatest cultural and artistic epochs of or time, especially when it was led by revolutionaries like motley crue.

In what respect are women not very good at playing metal? How would you even begin to prove something like that?

My other disagreement is subject of course, but Motley Crue are not revolutionaries, nor did they ever lead metal.

First off in order to prove your point you will have to show me a female guitarist bassist or drummer who is good or who is in ANY significant band. Singing does not count.

Depends on your very subjective definition of what "teh truu metal" is. There will never be a definite answer for most metalheads.

No I do consider early Motley Crue to be a metal band, I just don't think they were revolutionaries nor leaders.

I could rattle off tons of bands! Considering you seem to love glam I'm surprised you aren't taking Suzi Quotro or The Runaways into consideration.
Then there is Girlschool, Derketa, Mythic, Liz Buckingham, Jo Bench, Mad Jex and Goddess Of Hammering Chaos from Children of Technology, Isabella Fronzoni.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Juvenile, uninformed comments at best... Maybe if he'd actually go to a metal show he'd see that he's wrong. Always a handful of ladies there.
Also "because women are sweet and men are violent by nature" Hahaha, I'd like to schedule a meet up with him :)

Reactions: CiG
A fag who loves Chelsea Grin and thinks chicks can't be into metal? Watch him get his ass beat by Holy Moses and Girlschool.

Juvenile, uninformed comments at best... Maybe if he'd actually go to a metal show he'd see that he's wrong. Always a handful of ladies there.
Also "because women are sweet and men are violent by nature" Hahaha, I'd like to schedule a meet up with him :)

The average male metalhead is a passive, borderline pacifist dork/nerd/geek anyway.

Reactions: Noa.
No I do consider early Motley Crue to be a metal band, I just don't think they were revolutionaries nor leaders.

I could rattle off tons of bands! Considering you seem to love glam I'm surprised you aren't taking Suzi Quotro or The Runaways into consideration.
Then there is Girlschool, Derketa, Mythic, Liz Buckingham, Jo Bench, Mad Jex and Goddess Of Hammering Chaos from Children of Technology, Isabella Fronzoni.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

You mean to tell me that along with quiet riot and along with being one of the original disciples of the punk infused grittier sound of Hanoi Rocks along with synthesizing with their own conventional heavier sound, strict adherence to musical principles(no poppy synths), sleazier appearance, darker themes( Singing about the grisly streets of East LA at the same time a faggot like Bret michaels was singing about teenage heartbreak) that they were anything but one of the flagship bands of the LA “glam” movement, the primary architects of its sound and aesthetic, and in context of heavy metals greatest epoch, the 1980s of which there will never be a greater time for metal ever, is not a leader nor an influence?

Now, back to the point. We as metal fans have an obligation that we cannot come to celebrate or condone softness or aesthetic denigration can we? I have listened to much of the Runaways, not the p0ser song by Bon jovi of course, and especially Vixen. Both are relatively lax and watered down in my opinion. The guitar work is shoddy, naturally, forgettable lyrics, heavily manufactured a lot like your typical late 80s trash like Bon jovi or Def Leppard. There is also a reason why Girlschool are rarely brought up when mentioning the NWOBHM.

"The reverence of mediocrity is the hallmark of a decaying civilization" - Nietzsche

"He who defends everything, defends nothing"- Frederick the Great