Killers

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
I bought Killers the other day. The last copy I had was a cassette back in the 80s. Is it just me, or is it a bad album? The difference between it and Number are so vast it's like they're by two different bands but they were recorded less than a year apart. Some of the lyrics are Harris' absolute worst too. "I can't speak French, so I couldn't explain and like a fool I started running away." That line makes me laugh.

Yeah,
my first ever serious listen to Maiden was 7th Son (apart from liking Flight of Icarus when it was in the charts, and not knowing who did it).

Going back to Dianno era Maiden was a shock...would have been better if I'd started there I guess.

Imagine how I felt when after a while away from music I saw a new 'maiden CD, took it home and found out that it was Virtual XI.

spawn said:
:lol:

The Clansman absolutely fucking rules though :worship:

Spawn,
it certainly does rule )specially when Bruce sings it).

Problem is, I missed the first Blaze album, and was unprepared for a lead singer change.

Much of the material on Killers was written years and years earlier. Some of it was written before the stuff on the self titled album.

It is one of the weakest albums, but it is still good, just in a different way to their other stuff. It is much more punk sounding at times.

Funnily I listened to this last week for the first time in ages... I quite like it myself. Purgatory is one of my all-time favourite Maiden tracks. Wrathchild, Genghis Khan, and Killers are all solid. The rest could be considered fluff I guess... but in my opinion no more so than the 2nd half of Piece of Mind *waits for backlash* :D

Coops, I'm not crazy about Piece of Mind either. Die With Your Boots On, The Trooper, Still Life and To Tame A Land are the songs that do a thing for me on that album. I'm no mathematician, but even I know that four out of nine isn't very good :).

W

As I said before, although it was released a year before NOTB, the period between when the material was written for both albums was much, much longer.

POM is a good album, but I never rate it in my top 5 or so Maiden albums. The second half does have To Tame A Land though.