Killers

Piece of Mind rules. Where Eagles Dare is probably my favorite Maiden openener. The Trooper would be in my top 3 Maiden rockers. Revelations is fuckin sick. Flight of Icarus and Die with your boots on are more than solid, and To tame a land is a classic epic.

I thought it was just me with a dislike for Killers, NOTB of course is a classic, and their self titled release I like alot but the album between them (KIllers) just doesn't really do anything for me.

However I thought everyone liked it.

woo! I no longer feel like I have to hang my head in shame.

Thought I do love Piece Of Mind :headbang:

The Clansman is probably my favourite Maiden song \m/ And I actually prefer Blaze singing it! (but hearing the crowd singing it on Rock in Rio is just magical)

Earlier stuff I'm not so big on as there's not much distinguishing between the songs all that much... sounds generic for Maiden (after you listen to more recent stuff, which I had before I heard any early stuff) which is saying something indeed! Not as generic as "Wildest Dreams" mind you.

Yes, I agree that some newer Maiden is better than the old stuff. It is good to see other people who think that. I wouldn't say the older stuff is generic as such, I see what you mean, but it is still good.

The Clansman is an awesome song indeed. I love Blaze singing it and possibly prefer it to Bruce's version, I'm not sure, they both rock. The only Blaze era song I have heard Bruce sing that I much prefer Bruce singing is Man On The Edge. The version of that on the b-side of The Wicker Man single is fucking awesome. Bruce sounds fantastic on that. Futureal is good also, but I like Blaze singing that too.

I thought Brave New World was pretty weak until they released Dance Of Death.

Blitzkrieg said:
I think BNW and DoD are underated, not overated. You hear fans say more bad things about them than good.
On the official site there's nothing but praise for the album.

I love Killers, awesome album. For a while it was my favourite. Until they put Twilight Zone on it there wasn't a single dud track there. How can you not like a song like Drifter? :headbang: I can't believe it's not a classic - did they ever play it after the World Piece Tour?