Killswitch Engage - A Bid Farewell (Mixing Practice)

Hawkevil

Jan 20, 2008
I have decided to release the stems for a Killswitch cover I completed a few weeks ago.

It contains:

4 rhythm guitar tracks
2 lead guitar tracks
Intro guitar track
Midi bass
Rendered midi bass (WAV)
Midi drums
Drum Kit Full (Processed)
Kick
Snare Top
Snare Bottom
Snare Sample Blend
Hats
Toms
Overheads
Room

Here is my mix for you to use as a reference:

DOWNLOAD LINK (If you do happen to use these stems and upload them could you please give credit to me by posting a link to www.chimeraaudio.com and https://www.youtube.com/user/hawkevil2006

EDIT: I forgot to add the tempo. 160 BPM.

UPDATE: Added some new drum files.

UPDATE 2: Chris Clancy has recorded some awesome vocals for this and he has given me permission to update the main download link with them included.

UPDATE 3: Added a real bass track.

New mix with added Vocals:

Chris Clancy's Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/iamchrisclancy?fref=ts

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh I knew I would forget something. Thanks MetalMiler, yea the tempo is 160. I did have the box checked to embed a tempo map to the midi so it's strange that it didn't work.

Look forward to hearing everyone's mixes!

I downloaded the files, but theres no lead guitars :0 only intro guitar and four rhythm guitar tracks

I downloaded the files, but theres no lead guitars :0 only intro guitar and four rhythm guitar tracks

Damn, how the hell did I miss that?! I've updated the RAR file. Sorry about that.

+1

Also it would be cool if you could add a rendered (wav) drum track (for noobs like me)!

Thanks!

How would you like the drum track, one file with the whole kit or the kit separated up?

I've updated the file again. It now includes a full drum kit track with all the inserts and everything I used. I have also added the separate unprocessed samples on their own tracks.

I've updated the file again. It now includes a full drum kit track with all the inserts and everything I used. I have also added the separate unprocessed samples on their own tracks.

Thank you! Sounds great!

What did you use for your Drums? The raw snare sounds awesome (not the sample).

Thank you! Sounds great!

What did you use for your Drums? The raw snare sounds awesome (not the sample).

I used the John Tempesta snare from the Metal Machine addon for Superior Drummer.

Liking everybody's mixes so far! It's really cool to hear what other people do with your stuff.

Love this cover!

I've just recorded some vocals for this so I hope they're useful. They should line up with the original session. I sang along to a rip from youtube, then imported a file to see where the session session started.

I've been on this forum for years and I've barely contributed anything so here you go:

A few notes:

I've recorded 3 tracks for each vocal. So there's a main vocal (Centre), Vocal double L (left panned) and vocal double R (right panned) for each one. I usually set the main vocal at 0db, and the two doubles at between -12db and -15db.

I've edited out some noise but left them totally untuned. If anyone has vocalign that would be pretty useful but I don't have that. Lastly, somehow a click has gone in the "to all lies" on the chorus. If anyone has some noise removal tools then please get rid of it. I have a totally legit setup now so I've lost those tools

Sample:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e36w0ld4xt6el34/AADUXB5y24oX6ks3WZknM6hda?dl=0

If you like this, then please check out my page: www.facebook.com/iamchrisclancy I have an album coming out sometime soon with Andy James.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing!!! Love the vocals man!! Especially the screams! Thanks for doing this, it really finishes the song off.

Would you like me to add the files to the original download link or would you prefer me to post a link to your post? It's up to you mate.