KILLSWITCH ENGAGE Taps Producer ANDY SNEAP For New Album Mix

Looking forward to this!! Howard is one of the very few metal vocalists who really has good vocal technique and knows what he's doing. Also his original voice was what separated this band from the masses but I hope Jesse can fill his place somehow. Won't judge until I'll hear it. However, the live clips I've seen of Jesse made me think KsE is going bankrupt. I hope I'll be proven wrong!

EDIT: I'm also happy that Adam is finally using PRS guitars... it only took over 10 years... :D

You realize that Jesse was the original singer and the album he did with them (AOJB) changed the genre and scene forever?

Im buying this the day it comes out for sure. The Times of Grace record was way more up my alley than anything Killswitch has done since Jesse left. That being said I didnt particularly care for the new song that was floating around not long ago. Still, having Andy on board is a guarantee that the record will be as good a representation of what they have as is possible.

You realize that Jesse was the original singer and the album he did with them (AOJB) changed the genre and scene forever?

Yeah I know the history. I've been a fan for around 8 years now. :) And yes that would mean that I started liking the band after Howard joined. There's nothing wrong with Jesse, don't get me wrong. I like the fact that he sings well on pitch with an agressive tone. He's a great singer. I just feel like Howard was the straight Freddie Mercury of metalcore. :D

We all know this album will sound huge!! Definitely going to get it when it's out!

Hopefully Adam will be coproducjng this. Nothing against Sneap, Adam is a truly talented musician. He shouldn't just hand over the reins.

That said, I agree with whoever posted that he's past his prime. I agree he may has got a bit to comfortable with his "set it and forget it" approach to most tracking, so this is a prime opportunity for Adam to focus on the tones and texture and leave the computer work for Sneap.

Edit: just gotta put it out there, I liked Howard better. I've seen both Jesse and Howard live now and Howard is just a beast of a black man. However, compared to what's-his-face from oceano, Howard's straight up bitchmeat.

Still a Howard fan first, but I'm glad KSE is back full force. And damnn does Jesse sound better than ever.

Something music-wise in the style of either Times of Grace or Alive or Just Breathing but with a mix similar to TEOH will make me severely boner-ized for a couple of days.

Haha yeah I had this conversation with Andy a few years ago, apparently you English folks think we eat horses all the time and that if you order a steak in a restaurant in France you must say you want "beef" or you'll get horse... Which is absolutely stupid, horse is super good meat and costs more than beef. It's like asking for lemonade and getting champagne :D
But yeah, I agree with Lasse, you're missing out and should definitely try some ;)

Haha yeah I had this conversation with Andy a few years ago, apparently you English folks think we eat horses all the time and that if you order a steak in a restaurant in France you must say you want "beef" or you'll get horse... Which is absolutely stupid, horse is super good meat and costs more than beef. It's like asking for lemonade and getting champagne :D
But yeah, I agree with Lasse, you're missing out and should definitely try some ;)

I was just winding you up mate! I know you don't eat horses all the time. I would definitely try it though - I've tried pretty much everything else including Zebra and Crocodile - but I've never even seen Horse on a menu whenever I've been to France. I'm off to Meribel snowboarding in February actually, can't wait.