KILLSWITCH ENGAGE Taps Producer ANDY SNEAP For New Album Mix

matched eq'd errr, no. I did run all clean vocals through Dolby A and Distressor for extra Muttness tho.

Royal job as usual, mr. Sneap! Stupid joke on my behalf considering how the moronic "hurr durr all Andy Sneap productions sound the same" fad has been raging lately.

Great to see on the documentary that they gave the impression they were using real drums, and not triggers.

The mix on this record is so.. 'neat'. Nothing's overlapping, nothing's fighting in the slightest. The drums fit amazingly and the guitars are different, which I like. This is going in my references for sure.

I also like how the kick is not overly clicky like in a lot of modern metal productions, and the bass is audible individually instead of just meshing into guitars. The overheads are crystal clear as well, you can hear every individual hit on the crash f.ex so clearly.

Yeah, this is DEFINITELY going in my references.

Awesome job on this, Andy \m/

The way you got the guitars to sit in the mix is phenomenal. The clarity is pristine on every system I've listened on and the vocals are floating between everything else in the mix.

Jesse's voice is brilliant on this. First album since Heartache that I've put on again once it finished - even though it is relatively formulaic/textbook KSE, it's definitely got more about it than the last couple of albums (as well as just Jesse back in the fold).

KSE and Soilwork both doing good albums... did someone transport me to 2003?