Killswitch Engage - The End of a Heartache DI (Yep , you read that right!)

Guitars reamped through a OD808 + Hughes & Kettner Trilogy + 2x12 Zilla Fat Boy cab loaded with V30 and K100 (with a single SM57 on the V30)
Bass reamped through a MXR bass compressor and Darkglass B7K.

I never recorded a real amp before (well... except that amplug on my channel), be gentle :C

Last edited:
This is my try with this song. Enjoy
If you like it let me know if you have some issue with this mix write me a msg :)

Here's mine

I'm just a noob about mixing, but a read some tutorials and applying some basic knowledge.

Used the raw drum tracks, nothing sampled, guitars are lepou amps, lecab and IR ownhammer free stuff. I know it doesnt sound as fat as others mixes, but doesn't like overproduced music nowadays anyway. I used reaper and reaper plugins in mayority, had a hard time with the snare...

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

This was my first mix months ago, I often mixed this song from zero, and this night i did it again just to compare my advance, I'm happy with my progress and I´m still learning more

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbz2d24ub67mnzc/KE The end of heartache 17.mp3?dl=0

Hello !

A long time I didn't come here, a long time i've been into other kind of music ...

Here is my try :

I'm used to work with real amps for rythm guitars, on this one it is amp sim with reaaaaally low gain (to make it more rock than metal), but i'm pretty happy how everything blends together.

cheers from venezuela!! hugo man you have a real good groove, i did this mix with all natural drums no triggers or samples qere used please guys give me some feedback this will be very important for me and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
mikeif, hey, nice mix overall, the drums has similar tone to the original. :kickass:
I'd balance the cymbals a bit to make them sound not so bright and crispy.
Also, there is some mid resonance in the guitars - consider a cabinet change or some additional EQ to them.